General Coffee State Park
In Georgia, United States
How Geocaching Works
Related Web Page
General Coffee State Park
Park: General Coffee State Park
Cache type: Traditional
Coordinates: N 31º 30.947' W 082° 45.576'
|Cache Description: This is a very simple 3 stage multicache hidden along the East River Swamp Trail. The initial 2 stages will be very easy to locate. The posted coordinates and the ammo can at the final will be found hidden in an atypical manner.
After leaving the geomobile at the parking area the listed coordinates for the cache will lead you to stage one and the trailhead just a few steps away. The coordinates for the second stage and the final are posted on plaques provided by “Friends” of the park. At Stage two you will find a similar plaque indicating the coordinates to the final, but who gives a “hoot”. After a ¾ mile hike you finally made it to the final but you won’t find the cache among any land dwellers. Hope you enjoyed the short hike and beauty of the swamp.
Parking Coordinates: 31 30.923 82 45.606
Park: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Office Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
All visitors must register at the Visitor Center.
Steps to the Georgia State Parks GeoTour:
1. Obtain a Georgia State Park GeoTour PassPort from any park or historic site or download a PDF from GaParksGeocaching.com
2. Go to Geocaching.com create a log-in and find the GPS coordinates and more information for the Georgia State Parks GeoTour locations.
3. Start your search and locate one or all caches using a hand-held GPS unit. The cache containers are sealed ammo boxes labeled as a Georgia State Parks & Historic Sites geocache. Caches are located in 42 Georgia state parks and state historic parks.
4. When you find a GeoTour cache, log your name and any comments on the logbook inside the cache and stamp your PassPort grid sheet with the unique stamp for that specific park.
5. Be sure to follow the Leave No Trace guidelines –GeorgiaStateParks.org/LeaveNoTrace
6. Follow the Traveling Gophers. There are 58 Georgia State Park & Historic Sites TravelBugs® moving around the country. Click here to see where the travel gopher for this park is now. Be on the lookout for them and help them get to a new destination.
| 7. If you’re quick, there is a “First-to-Find” special prize.
8. Find one of the “endangered” gopher stuffed toys in 10 of the caches and it’s yours to keep and protect.
9. Complete specific numbers of caches to get a custom Geo-Coin. Bring your stamped PassPort into the park’s Visitor Center and receive a voucher for your coin.
With 15 completed caches you are eligible for a bronze level coin
With 30 completed caches you are eligible for a silver level coin
With 40 completed caches you are eligible for a gold level coin
Once you find the caches for the custom geo-coins you are also eligible for a bonus cache at each level. These caches are more challenging and not required to complete the GeoTour or receive your coins. Click on the links below to access the bonus cache pages:
Bronze Bonus Cache page
Silver Bonus Cache page
Gold Bonus Cache page
|State Parks Information:
For informantion on GA Parks Geocaching: GaParksGeocaching.com
Park: (706) 947-3194
Lodges/Cabins/Yurts/Camp Reservations: (800) 864-7275
Special thanks to the Georgia Geocaching Association and member Southern_Angel, Volunteer Steward of General Coffee State Park.
Disclaimer to New Geocachers:
Please join us in playing! All are welcome who observe and obey the rules. Please do not move or vandalize the container. Replace the cache like or better than you found it and when you leave, and make sure the cache is completely covered. Please do not remove the rubber stamp from the ammo can, this is a essential game piece for cachers accepting the GeoTour. The real treasure is just finding the container and sharing your thoughts with everyone who finds it. Pick up a GeoTour Passport at any Park Visitor Center.
|Like us on Facebook!
Fgntr 1 naq 2: Nobhg xarr uvtu
Svany: Vs bayl V unq jvatf.
Last Updated: on 5/19/2013 6:16:17 AM Pacific Daylight Time (1:16 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum