Wilson High School
In Iowa, United States
How Geocaching Works
A park and grab. Might be snow covered in the winter. There are several Central Lyon Homecoming Buttons in this cache that range from the 1960's to the 1990's. They will be kind of fun to find if you happen to be a CL Alumnus.
In July 1922, Spencer Construction was awarded a contract of $134,108 to build Wilson High School. Wilson High School was dedicated to Mr. Wynant S. Wilson, a school superintendent. Wilson was also the name of the president at the time.
The first class ever to graduate from Wilson High School was in 1924. This class consisted of 17 individuals.
In 1959, the Rock Rapids Independent School District became the Central Lyon Community School District as a result of a merger with the Doon Public School.
In the early 1960's, seven country school buildings were moved from their rural homes and placed on a 232 x 212 lot on the east side of Rock Rapids. They were painted different colors to make it easier for the students to remember where they belong. These buildings were officially referred to as East Elementary Center. The elementary and middle school classes moved into the current elementary building located at 1105 S. Story Street in January 1968.
(No hints available.)
Last Updated: on 5/19/2013 2:20:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time (9:20 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum