Superstitions: Spiders 2
In Wisconsin, United States
How Geocaching Works
History, Mythology, and Folklore are full of superstitions about spiders. Some of the more uncommon ones include:
- If you have a fever, swallow a spider with syrup (another old wives’ cure recipe; in theory, the spider will eat up the fever).
- A spider in a walnut shell worn around the neck will keep plagues and other bad things away.
- It is unlucky to carry a dead spider wrapped in brown paper in your shoe. (Now who would do THAT?)
- If you see a little red spider (called a money spider), it’s considered good luck.
- To see a black spider is considered bad luck (Look out!).
Hc...va cneg bs n qrnq gerr. Ybbx bhg!
Last Updated: on 5/6/2013 4:22:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time (11:22 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum