Foxes at Sunset
In Wisconsin, United States
How Geocaching Works
A Fox Hunt - No License Required - BYOP to solve clues
We are celebrating finding our 1001 cache before the end of 2012.
This is a fun cache/puzzle for the whole family. You can hunt on foot or by wheels.
Some are in plain sight, some are being "foxy". All are stone cold.
Muggles are numerous, so be stealthy.
The posted coordinates take you to the center of their Den. Find the Nine Foxes, solve the puzzle, locate the final cache, and sign the log. In Winter, some might be hiding under igloos. They seem to be increasing in numbers, so more may be added in the future. At present we have spotted 9. Not long ago there were only 4! I do not know their "creators" or original names, so I came up with my own.
A brief description of each is listed below.
1. The Artist - No. of Artist Brushes he has Plus 1 = (A)
2. Super Hero - No. of Letters on Shirt Plus 1 = (B)
3. Musician - No. of Musical Notes on his back Minus 4 = (C)
4. City Slicker- No. of Scenes/Plaques on him Minus 6 = (D)
5. Reflections - My Favorite - Enjoy!
6. Vegetarian - Total No. of Carrots, Watermelons, and Pears = (E)
7. Fisher Fox - No. Fishing Baskets he has with him = (F)
8. Many Colored Coat - No. of Paws visible on a good day Plus 7 = (G)
9. Northwoods Fox - No. of Yellow body parts Minus 2 = (H)
Final Coordinates: N42 59.ABC W088 HD.EFG
Be gentle while visiting - you maybe "bitten by humans" if you disturb the surrounding vegetation.
You may post a picture of your favorite fox, BUT without giving away any hints he may be hiding.
Permission to place cache given by B.Blizzard, representing new property owner.
The final location is not our first choice, but the only one that worked for this area. Have fun!!
Rnfl gb ernpu CAT
Va trareny inpvavgl bs Qra
Last Updated: on 4/29/2013 2:43:22 PM Pacific Daylight Time (9:43 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum