West Bend $1000 Cache Ba$h 2013
Saturday, August 10, 2013
In Wisconsin, United States
Size:  (not chosen)
How Geocaching Works
Related Web Page
The 6th Annual West Bend
$1000 Cache Ba$h
Friday, August 9 &
Saturday, August 10, 2013
Regner Park, West Bend, WI
FREE social event for geocachers!
Visit the "Geocaching Capital of the Midwest™". With over 1,100 caches within a 10-mile radius of the city, you'll never run out of caches to find!
- Family-friendly activities for new and experienced geocachers!
- Socialize with geocachers from near and far. Last year, over 660 teams attended our event!
- Over 65 new permanent caches published for the event!
- Cash raffle totaling $1000 as well as other great prizes!
- Geocaching vendors, classes, contests, and more!!
Click here to view our sponsors
or to follow us on Facebook or Twitter
How do I Register?
TO REGISTER: Log a "WILL ATTEND" on this cache page by August 1st. Registrants after Aug 1 may still attend but are not guaranteed a Goodie Bag. Limited supply of bags.
SIGN IN: Sign in at Regner Park on Friday afternoon or Saturday morning during the event to sign the official log book and receive your goody bag, official booklet, and cash raffle ticket.
How do I get raffle tickets?
- Cash Drawing: Each registered person in attendance automatically gets a raffle ticket just by signing in at the park! You must be present to win.
- General Prize Drawing:Each registered team can earn raffle tickets by either finding our Raffle Geocaches, playing Geo-Bingo, or submitting a Creative Cache.
2013 Cache Ba$h: Is YOUR state/country represented??
Tell us where you're from in your log so we can add your state or country!
Countries: Holland, Germany, Canada
Stay tuned as the committee meets to discuss potential activities for the 2013 event!
Potential activities include:
Cache Raffle Hunt
Creative Cache Contest
Introduction to Geocaching Classes
Additional fun events!
CACHE BA$H FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
FAQ: What is in my Goody Bag?
- Official Booklet and Playing Card: Booklet with the schedule of events and listing of all raffle caches and your stampable playing card. Includes coordinates for local restaurants, retailers and historical sites and other places of interest!
- Geo-Golf Form: Pick any location in Regner Park, record those coordinates on the form, and submit your form by 10 am on Saturday morning. The closest waypoint to our pre-chosen coordinates will win a prize at Saturday's drawing!
- Geo-Bingo Cards: Find geocachers that match every square on your card and submit your completed card by 5:30pm on Saturday to earn one extra raffle ticket for the General Prize Drawing!
- Creative Cache Ballot: Each team may vote for their favorite cache of the Creative Cache Contest. The eligible creative caches will be displayed near the stage area at Regner Park from 4-5:30pm on Saturday.
- Swag: The early registration bags will have small items donated by local businesses.
- Coupons: Be sure to check your bag for coupons you can use throughout the weekend at various West Bend area businesses.
- Dash Card: You can display this postcard on your vehicle's dash to let law enforcement know that your vehicle is not abandoned while searching for caches.
- Garbage Bag: The first rule of geocaching is "Leave No Trace." Practice CITO (Cache In, Trash Out) when visiting caches.
- Maps and other helpful information about West Bend.
FAQ About the Raffle Caches
- How do I play?
- Pick up the Official Booklet and Official Playing Card at Sign-In. Download the caches to your GPS receiver (we can do that for you). The Official Booklet contains information about each cache, including hints and parking coordinates. Each cache you find contains a unique stamp or codeword and you can stamp the corresponding square on your Playing Card. Playing cards must be turned in by 4:30pm on Saturday to qualify for the General Raffle.
- Raffle tickets will be awarded on the following scale:
- 1-10 caches: 1 raffle ticket
- 11-20 caches: 2 raffle tickets
- 21-30 caches: 3 raffle tickets
- 31-40 caches: 4 raffle tickets
- 41-50 caches: 5 raffle tickets
- What type of caches can I expect?
- We want to stress that all caches are loggable caches approved by Geocaching.com. Therefore, please treat the caches and locations with respect so that they last a long time. Caches may range from micro-sized to regular ammo cans, and our cache hiders are known for their creative hides as well. Almost all of the hides are traditional, but you may find a multi-cache or puzzle as well. There is a variety of difficulty and terrain levels to appeal to many different cachers. Some caches may be challenging, but there are plenty of kid-friendly caches too.
- Where are the caches located?
- Many caches are placed in or very near West Bend, and some are located in the surrounding countryside or neighboring villages. Many caches are placed in parks and recreation areas or along trails. We will have maps available that show the location of all the qualifying caches so you can better plan your route.
- Are there prizes inside the caches?
- No. The caches may contain "swag"--toys, trinkets, or other items that geocachers trade. Observe the Geocacher's Code: If you take something out of a cache, put something back in of equal or greater value. You may also see trackable Geocoins or Travel Bugs inside the caches. Only take these special items if you are willing to log the tracking number online and move it to another cache.
Information about West Bend:
View local hotel options here at the West Bend Area Chamber website. Make your reservations early! If you are having trouble finding open rooms, call the Chamber for assistance.
For an unofficial list of West Bend restaurants (as well as campgrounds and hotels), click here.
West Bend is proud to be home of the Washington County Historical Courthouse Museum, Jailhouse Museum, and the Museum of Wisconsin Art. We have an extensive trail system which includes the beautiful Riverwalk with its multiple art sculptures. We also have part of the paved Eisenbahn Trail which starts from West Bend's southern border all the way north (bring your bikes and strollers!) into Fond du Lac County. Many of our caches are hidden along the scenic Ice Age Trail which winds its way through the city and outlying communities and parks.
Attention Dog Owners! Most of our parks and trails do NOT allow dogs, including Regner Park. However, Rolfs Park is a special 20-acre fenced-in park for dogs, located in West Bend on the west side of 18th Avenue, a quarter mile north of Paradise Drive. Geocachers may take their dogs to the park and use it free during the event weekend. As an added bonus, while enjoying the park they can also search for several caches hidden somewhere on the grounds.
Disclaimer: Event attendees assume all risks in seeking geocaches. Neither the West Bend Chamber of Commerce, West Bend Parks and Recreation Department, nor any of its members or volunteers, may be held liable for any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential damages connected with this event.
2013 Committee Members:
West Bend Chamber of Commerce (Official host)
West Bend Parks & Recreation
LDove – Co-Founder
Earth Angel - cache hider
Teambeek - cache hider
Stewzoo1 - cache hider
Geocalmes32 – cache hider
Sometimes Eye Twitch - cache hider
GoldieDiggers - cache hider
Dr. Dolittle - cache hider
Love2Labs/KM Hiker - cache hider
Geohunter100 - cache hider
TupperQueen - cache hider
EcoRangers - cache hider
jvechinski - downloads
Interested in volunteering or joining the committee? Contact the West Bend Chamber or a current member!
(No hints available.)
Geocaching Coin Black Background
Last Updated: on 5/19/2013 4:49:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time (11:49 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum