When the weather is too nasty to go out to hunt for geo-treasures, I sometimes find myself wanting some exercise to stay in shape for when the weather is not so bad. My answer… Head to the Mall and walk. Well, I must admit, this is not the most exciting adventure, so I decided to combine Mall Walking and Geocaching. Now, you can do the same. While walking the Mall, simply fill in the chart with the answers to the following questions. The final cache is located at:
North FK BN.(V-T+L)(E-B)(G+P-J)
West (U-V)US QM.(H-C)(A+J+S)(R+D-P)
By the way, the nasty days are great for gathering the clues, but the final cache is not located in the mall. It's not necessary, but you may want to wait for one of those “not so nasty” days to hunt the final. The final is an easy grab with lots of nearby parking. However, it's a busy area... use discretion. Happy walking, er hunting!
Here are the questions that will clue you into the location of the cache.
1. Not counting the glass in the doors, how many glass window panes are at the main entrance (at the given coordinates)? Note that there are two sets of windows at this entrance.
2. How many steps form the stairs between the Main Level and the West Lower Level?
3. The stores at the center of West Lower Level form a polygon with how many sides? (Oops, with construction in this area of the mall, here is an alternate question... How many windows at Cranky Hanks face the inside mall?)
4. How many bricks tall are each column in the Lower Center Court area?
5. How many balls spray water at the Center Court fountain?
6. How many "polite" trash cans (with the words “Thank You”) are located in the Food Court? (Note: One of the "polite" trash cans may not be so polite anymore...COUNT IT!!!)
7. How many vertical columns are located between Younkers and Sears? Exclude any leading to the Food Court.
8. How many vertical slats are located on the back of a typical bench that can be found throughout the Mall?
9. How many gum dispensers are located on the gum carousel consisting of three round shelves (last seen in the Younkers half of the Mall)?
10. Dr. Dog guards the entrance to the Wellville play area in the Sears court. Consider how high (in inches) he holds his paw to limit the height of children in the area. Multiply the first digit by itself the number of times indicated by the second digit (e.g. if the number were 23, you would multiply 2 x 2 x 2 = 8).
You can check your answers for this puzzle on Geochecker.com.