I've Been Everywhere Challenge--Texas
In Texas, United States
Size:  (not chosen)
How Geocaching Works
“listen, bud, I’ve traveled every road in this here land...”
There is a physical cache but a smiley is awarded only after completing the challenge as outlined below.
Many folks, including me, enjoy traveling throughout the Great State of Texas. While some chase numbers we chase miles and counties and now you can join the race by logging a cache in each of the following towns listed in the Texas adaptation of Johnny Cash's song, I've Been Everywhere (In Texas) By Brian Burns and performed by Geoff Mack.
To prove that you 'have been everywhere' find a cache within the following 90 cities:
Waco, Hico, Hondo, Navasota, Winnsboro, Jacksboro, Hillsboro, Santa Rosa, Austin, Houston, Galveston, Texarkana,Frisco, Buffalo, Conroe, Corsicana,Goliad, Groesbeck, Glen Rose, Red Oak,Post Oak, Live Oak, Lone Oak, Krugerville, Pflugerville, Van Horn, Val Verde, Brackettville, Bartonville, Beeville, Bulverde,Bear Creek, Cedar Creek, Mill Creek, Mineola, Maypearl, Monahans, Telephone, Tuscola, Redwater, Round Rock, Round Top, Round Lake,Sour Lake, Southlake, Springlake, Greenville, Gatesville, Gainesville, Alameda, Kerrville, Kellyville, Bastrop, Benavides, Somerville, Smithville, Stephenville, Prairie View, Luckenbach, Longview, Plainview, Idalou, Justin, Junction, Panorama, Pasadena, Angelina, Lorena, Valley Mills, Pine Mills, Dime Box, Duncanville, New Home, New Hope, New Deal, Liberty Hill, Rockport, Rock Creek, Bridgeport, Brownwood, Cleburne, Comanche, Cut & Shoot, Cottonwood, Bayview, Bayside, Baytown, Bay City, Falls City, Center City, Bridge City.
The Fine Print:
Find a cache in the cities listed above.
1. Your own hides do not count.
2. Post your list in your online log on this cache page and use this format:
City - Waypoint ID - Cache Name - Date Found
Hico --GC# -Cache Name -09/05/08
Hondo--GC# -Cache Name -09/06/08
and so on
3. Some of the smaller towns may not have caches. After doing your search choose the cache closest too the city. For Example, Santa Rosa closest cache is just over 9 miles away.
4. Past finds *are* eligible!
5. It is ok if the cache you found is now archived.
6. Finds that do not meet the above criteria will be deleted. No questions asked.
7. Traditional caches of all types count as finds however, locationless caches will not be considered as finds in this game.
If you have questions about a cache qualifying you may submit a question, our committee of judges will decide.
The 'Fine Print' was adapted from 9key's Challenge caches in the D/FW area.
You will see Texas.
Cache on Texas.
hfr gur mvc pbqr thvqr
Last Updated: on 2/27/2013 3:26:12 PM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) (11:26 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum