Kewaunee Gold Rush
In Wisconsin, United States
How Geocaching Works
At the posted coordinates you will find a sign titled "Early History Of Kewaunee". Information taken from this sign will help answer the questions below, making it possible to find waypoint #1 and then on to the final.
N44 PM.QLS W087 RX.TNU.
1. The Kewaunee Gold Rush occurred in the mid 18RX's.
2. The picture on the left is of Kewaunee in 18JK. JK + 1 = QL
3. The first explorer named on the sign has how many letters in his last name? = S
4. Sawmills were established in the ABCD and EFGH. A + B + C + D + E + F + G + H = PM
5. Outrageous prices were paid for (Z). # of letters in Z + 1 = TN
6. In the mid 1790's (P) erected a trading post near here. (p = # of letters in first and last name). P - 4 = U
At the final you will find more historical info.
waypoint 1 is a bison tube.
(No hints available.)
Last Updated: on 2/23/2013 9:37:29 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) (5:37 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum