THE LISTED COORDINATES ARE INVALID!
Cache Across Maryland is a geocaching tour of Maryland. We have placed 10 new geocaches in various locations across the "Old Line State". To attend this event, you must find all 10 caches, each cache will give you information that will be important to finding the event location. Be aware that CAM participants logged an average of 1000 miles on their trek around the state last year.
The ten CAM caches are generally rated about 2/2 on the "star scale". No special equipment will be needed to find any of the caches.
You can see a list of each of the ten caches from the last nine years: 2004 CAM Caches, 2005 CAM Caches, 2006 CAM Caches, 2007 CAM Caches, 2008 CAM Caches, 2009 CAM Caches, 2010 CAM Caches, 2011 CAM Caches and 2012 CAM Caches
A method of decoding the final location will be given here as the event nears. Place this event on your watch list to keep up with changes.
The process for participating is as follows:
1. You do not need to be an MGS member to participate in CAM, information to download the CAM Caches will be posted to the MGS Forums with cache listings being available around 06:00 AM March 16th, this is the only place to find the information until the caches are published to the general geocaching community on or after May 5th.
2. Find the ten caches placed around the state, each CAM 2013 cache contains a means of verification--don't forget! Sign the cache's log book and make a trade if you wish. Please refrain from leaving travel bugs in CAM caches.
3. The last week of April, a decoder will be provided to allow you to determine the secret picnic location using your GeoPassport. The event site is somewhere in Maryland.
4. Bring your favorite potluck dish and your completed GeoPassport to the picnic on Sunday, May 5th at 11:00 AM.
5. You may log the individual CAM 2013 caches you have found, and this event, on or after the picnic date of May 5th. Feel free to join us in our CAM Forums and share your experiences with the cache hiders before that date.
*Disclaimer: Searching for any of these caches or participation in this event, is at your own risk. The Maryland Geocaching Society and individual members, can not be held responsible for any injury or damage to property. Please obey all park rules, especially hours of operation, entrance fees and parking restrictions.