The Southwest Chapter invites you to join us July 26-28 for a weekend of fun along the beautiful Columbia River Gorge. Deep woods, rushing streams, snow-capped peaks, wind surfing, whitewater rafting, great hiking, and plenty of caching - you'll find it all at WSGA's 10th Annual Summer Campout at Timberlake Campground & RV Park outside Home Valley, WA, hosted by Geek&Gopher.
Surrounded by forests, waterfalls, peaks, and canyons, Timberlake Campground has 22 forested acres located away from highway and train noise. We have reserved 21 tent and 16 RV sites at this tranquil oasis, plus Timberlake Hall, which has a full service kitchen. Amenities include restrooms with showers, cell-phone and Wi-Fi service; children’s play area and a pet area.
Click here to watch a 5min video about Timberlake Campground & RV Park
Restroom with Showers
Who can attend? The Campout is open to everyone, members and non-members alike. Come for a day, or spend the weekend.
Saturday dinner: This is the main event, covered by your registration fee. WSGA will provide the hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, and beverages. The rest is potluck, so bring your favorite side dish or dessert to round out the meal. After dinner, we'll have a raffle and the WSGA annual general meeting.
Camping: Campsites are available for both Friday and Saturday nights only. Check-in is from 2:00– 6:00 p.m. * Late arrivals/extended stays will be considered if prior arrangements are made. No check-ins after 9:00 p.m. Check-out is 12:00 pm Sunday.
Day visitors: If you plan to join us for the Saturday activities (including dinner), please register your number of attendees.
Event Schedule: Come join the festivities!
Register and Sign up for Campsite Here
2:00 pm - Check-in starts - set up camp, sign up for no-host outings (Timberlake Hall)
Geo-Bingo: Receive sheet as part of your goody bag (Timberlake Hall)
Swag Jar guess: Closest to number of items wins a prize (Timberlake Hall)
8:00 pm - Movie and popcorn (Timberlake Hall)
10:00 pm - Quiet time starts
8:00 am - Good morning! (Quiet time ends)
8:00-9:00 am – Cachers meet at Timberlake Hall for no host outings
9:00 am -5:00 pm - In-camp activities, including:
- GPS Accuracy (Flag markers)
Adults and Kids:
- Horse Shoes
- Board Games (We will have some board games available or you can bring your favorite game.)
- Water Wars (Bring your own water guns, WSGA will provide the balloons)
- Create a Cache Container (WSGA will provide craft materials)
- The Hunt for Sasquatch (Near Bonneville Dam)
- Swag Jar Guess (Deadline 5:30 PM)
- Geo Bingo (Deadline 5:30 PM)
5:30 pm - Dinner (we supply the hamburgers and hot dogs; you supply side dishes and dessert)
7:00 pm – WSGA annual general meeting, award activity prizes and raffle drawing
8:00 pm - Roast marshmallows and s’mores, play board games (Timberlake Hall)
10:00 pm - Quiet time starts.
8:00 am - Breakfast with pancakes, sausage, fresh fruit, juice and coffee.
9:30 am – Timberlake Campground & RV Park CITO - please log your Will Attend so we can get a head count.
12:00 pm - Campout ends.
REMINDER - Remember that you MUST click the above link to be taken to the WSGA Registration page to register for the event and your campsite. Just posting a Will Attend log here will not register you for anything. Your payment is due at time of online registration.
Registration Fee: Covers the Saturday dinner and Campout goody bag (with pathtag). The fee is waived for children aged 10 and under (special goody bags, no pathtag).
Registration Deadline: July 12, 2013. (Sorry, no refunds after the registration deadline, as we have paid the park.) You can still join us on Saturday and pay on-site ($12/person) for the dinner and goody bag (supplies limited). On-site registration is at the nonmember rate and cash only.
2 Nights 45.00 – Tent Site
2 Nights 65.00 – RV Site (SOLD OUT, SEE WAITING LIST BELOW)
Registration 8.00 per person (Camper) / 10.00 per person (Day visitor)
2 Nights 55.00 – Tent Site
2 Nights 75.00 – RV Site (SOLD OUT, SEE WAITING LIST BELOW)
Registration 10.00 per person (Camper) / 12.00 per person (Day visitor)
Tent campers: You must book both nights. You will be pre-assigned your tent site based on the tent size, number of tents and number of campers.
RV campers: You must book both nights. You will be pre-assigned your RV Site based on the size of your RV. All the RV sites have electricity and water. Each RV Site has 50, 30, 20 amp service. There is a dump station on the east end of the campground.
RV Site Waiting List: If you want to be put on our waiting list in case there are any cancellations closer to the campout, please email us at email@example.com. Our campground manager has also recommended the following RV Campgrounds that are close to the campout, if you want to stay there and still attend our campout. Skamania Coves 509-427-4900 and Bridge RV 509-493-1111. If you stay at another campground please register as a Day Visitor to join us for Saturday activities (including dinner). Sorry again for the inconvenience.
Additional nights: If you call and reserve ahead of time, but as this is the busiest time of year for this campground available sites are limited. There are several other campgrounds along Highway 14. Here is a link that will provide you with accommodations in the local area. Local Campgrounds
Not camping? If you want to participate but prefer a hotel, there are accommodations in Stephenson (8.3 miles), Cascade Locks (12.3 miles), Hood River (20.4 miles), and The Dalles (41.2 miles). Here is a link that will provide you with accommodations in the local area. Local Accommodations
Park particulars: Be sure to read the Campground Rules. Here are a few things to know:
- Cell Phone and Wi-Fi Service: Available
- Restrooms and Showers: Coin-operated (25 cents).
- Men: (2) Stalls, (1) Urinal, (3) Sinks, (3) Shower’s
- Women: (4) Stalls, (3) Sinks, (3) Shower’s
- (2) Port-a-Potties: Located near Tent Sites.
- (2) Dish washing areas: Located near Tent Sites.
- Trash: There are 3 dumpsters in the park. One on the east end, one in the middle, one on the west end
- Bikes: Bike riding is not allowed in the campground except for guests traveling by bicycling.
- Pets: Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times and are not allowed in any of the buildings. Please do not attach tethers to trees/ bushes, electric/water pedestals or picnic tables. We ask that you pick up after your pet so please use the pet area located northwest of the Timberlake Hall for your dogs. If you have more than 2 dogs there will be a $2.00 per day per pet charge.
- Firewood: You can buy on-site for $5.50 a bundle, but you can bring your own clean firewood to use. No firewood gathering in the park.
- Fishing: Little Ashes Lake (stocked with trout) in Stephenson Washington. Want to fish on the Columbia River check out these two websites KD Guide Service or Always Catchin. You just need to ensure you have a current valid fishing license for the state of Washington or Oregon depending on where you want to fish.
- Supplies: The camp store has a limited assortment of camping supplies, snacks and souvenirs. Food and other camping supplies are available in nearby Stephenson (8.3 miles).
- Swimming: The closest swimming would be at Beacon Rock State Park (13 .3 miles)
For more information about Timberlake Campground & RV Park and other area activities i.ie. whitewater rafting, fishing tours and boat cruises on the Columbia click the following link. Timberlake Campground & RV Park
Tourism Info: The Visitor Information Center at the Skamania County Chamber of Commerce is located at 167 NW Second Street (Highway 14) in Stevenson, Washington. Click the following link for their website: Skamania County Chamber of Commerce.
Caching: there are currently 335 caches within 10 miles of the campground on both the Washington and Oregon side of the Columbia River. A list of caches in the area with a map will be available at check-in.
Trail passes: Depending on where you cache or hike, you may need a Northwest Forest Pass (Forest Service) or a Discover Pass (State Parks). You can buy day or annual passes for both either online or in stores (e.g., REI, Big 5). You can also get the NFP at the Skamania County Chamber of Commerce, Home Valley Store, or Main Street Convenience Store in Stevenson, WA.
| This event is hosted by Southwest Chapter of Washington State Geocaching Association. If you are a geocacher in the state of Washington, please consider joining WSGA. See the WSGA website for details.