Learn How to Log Your Find
Are you new to geocaching? Here are steps to help you get started with logging your finds and uploading photos from your geocaching adventures.
Easy Steps to Logging a Geocache Find:
1. Visit geocaching.com and log in using your username and password.
2. Visit the geocache detail page for the geocache you found.
3. In the top-right corner of the page, click 'log your visit'.
4. From the 'Type of log' drop-down menu, select 'Found it'.
5. Enter the date of your geocache find.
6. Enter any comments you wish to share with the owner and/or community regarding
7. Select any trackable items (from the inventory box) that you dropped off in the
geocache with your find.
8. Click 'Submit log entry'.
Uploading a Photo with Your Log Entry:
1. After you hit 'submit log entry' on your geocache find, click 'upload a photo.'
2. Click on 'browse' and select the photo from your computer you wish to upload.
3. Enter a caption and file description for the image and click 'upload.'
If you want to post a photo for a geocache find that you logged previously, just select the log and click on 'upload image' on the top right hand corner of the page.