Unless you’ve been living in an unfound geocache, you’ve probably heard about the Geocaching Road Trip ‘15. Just in case: we’ve challenged the geocaching community to earn 6 new souvenirs by finding 5 different types of geocaches before September 2.
But we’re not ones for issuing a challenge and not completing it ourselves. So not only will a group of folks from Geocaching HQ find all five types of geocaches that can earn the new souvenirs—they’re going to do it all in 24 hours on one epic road trip. Before the wheels start rolling, let’s get to know the crew:
Bottom-Right: Zach (Jaquish)
- Job: Mobile Developer
- Souvenir: Meet Your Road Trip Crew
- Zach’s van, Diego, is where all of the team will be spending their time in between finds.
Bottom-Left: Meg (Ponystream)
- Job: Business Development Coordinator
- Souvenir: Put On Your Thinking Cap
- If you’ve ever found a GeoTour geocache, you can thank Meg. She helps local areas create awesome GeoTours in their areas.
Top-Left: Dave (HiddenGnome)
- Job: Software Developer
- Souvenir: Let’s Get Extreme
- Dave helps build a lot of the the features you see on Geocaching.com. In fact, he made his video debut in this launch of Message Center.
Top-Middle: Holly (HollyWollyOxenFree)
- Job: Guest Experience Coordinator
- Souvenir: Fun with Favorites
- Holly has one of the funnest jobs at HQ. She hosts the thousands of geocachers who come to Seattle and visit Geocaching HQ!
Top-Right: Paige (ThePaigeTurner)
- Job: Marketing Specialist
- Souvenir: High-Five for the Earth
- Even though Zach is driving the van, Paige is behind the wheel of the Geocaching Road Trip ‘15. If you see her at HQ, be sure to give her a high-five for the fun!
We’ll be putting together a video of the whole journey after it happens—but you don’t have to wait for that to come out to join the fun. Follow @GoGeocaching on Twitter or stay tuned to this blog post to follow their journey live. We’ll post updates, photos and more. The adventure will kick-off this Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 8:30 am PST at this event.
P.S. Yes, you’re correct. Not all of the souvenirs will be available during our road trip. We know. We’re going to see if we can find all 5 types of geocaches that can earn souvenirs in 24 hours. Once the Put on Your Thinking Cap souvenir actually becomes available, we’ll each go find a Mystery Cache to earn it.