With winter weather comes new challenges for geocachers. Days are shorter and colder while snow and ice change the landscape, making special equipment necessary.
Despite the winter challenges, you can still remain active in the game! Winter geocaching activities include:
- Build skills for new geocaching experiences at a rock climbing gym.
- Visit a library cache.
- Host or attend a geocaching event.
- Work on Puzzle caches.
- Take a trip to low altitude places to find more accessible geocaches.
- Channel your inner Maker Madness and create wow-worthy caches, trackables, and SWAG for placement in the Spring.
- Scout potential hide locations to see how they look in the winter.
- Venture into the snow. Bring a poking stick and poke that snow till you hear a clang or thud. Before heading out, make sure you’ve reviewed our cold weather caching tips.
Winter can be an incredible and inspiring time.
What wintertime geocaching activities do you enjoy?