This week July 17-July 23, work with your crew to collect 30 gold coins on the Friend League and earn the first map piece souvenir. You’ll be one step closer to finding the lost treasure of Mary Hyde!
The more friends you have on Geocaching.com, the easier it will be to keep sailing on…Don’t have many geocaching friends? Share your username in the comment section of this blog post. If others follow suit, you can add each other on Geocaching.com and make friends all over the world!
To earn the souvenir you must contribute at least 5 gold coins towards your crew’s total. The Friend League will refresh every Monday at 5am (PST), noon (UTC). This week’s souvenir will be awarded to your profile on Wednesday July 26, 2017.
Week 1 point values:
- Find and log a geocache = 5 gold coins.
- Find and log a geocache with 10 or more Favorite points = 10 gold coins.
- Attend and log an event cache = 10 gold coins.
Still scratching your skull? Head on over to the frequently asked questions to learn more.
Get on board:
- Add friends to your Friend League.
- Go geocaching to earn gold coins:
- As a team, earn 30 gold coins to receive the first map piece souvenir. (You MUST individually contribute at least 5 coins to earn the souvenir.)
- All logs must be submitted by Wednesday, July 26, 5am PDT (Pacific Daylight Time), noon UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) to qualify for the first souvenir.
- Later that day (Wednesday, July 26) you will be notified by email if you earned the first souvenir. (Make sure to sign up for the Weekly Newsletter and Educational and Promotional in your email preferences.)
- To learn how to earn the next souvenir, follow Geocaching on Facebook or Twitter, or sign up for the Weekly Newsletter.
- If you earn all four souvenirs to complete the treasure map, you’ll earn the meta treasure chest souvenir!
Start yer quest!