West Bend, Wisconsin, is the Geocaching Capital of the Midwest™ and ready to be discovered. Geocache your way through historic sites, parks, trails, museums, and more on the West Bend Four Seasons GeoTour. It’s named the Four Seasons GeoTour for good reason — all the caches are accessible year-round. So slather on the sunscreen or slip on snow boots and come cache with us!
Great caches on this GeoTour
Twenty geocaches have been hidden that highlight the best of historic West Bend. These three caches are not to be missed
- WBGT 01: Historic Frisby House, GC53BAT
The Frisby house is named after Leander F. Frisby, a prominent figure in Wisconsin history and is now home to the West Bend Chamber of Commerce. This is a great first stop on your tour — grab your passport and find the first cache right outside.
- WBGT 02: Old Courthouse Square, GC53BB1
Clad in brick, the courthouse was built in 1889 in the Richardson Romanesque Revival Style and served as the county courthouse until 1962. Today, The Old Courthouse Museum is thought by many to be the best local history museum in the Midwest.
- WBGT 13: Shalom Wildlife Zoo, GC53GBA
A diverse, 100-acre farm/zoo featuring deer, bison, elk, red fox, mink, and more than 400 other animals call Shalom Wildlife Zoo their home. Their mission is to preserve the wilderness while providing education, enjoyment, and wildlife encounters in a natural ecosystem.
Local events for geocachers to discover while on the Four Seasons GeoTour
- From mid-May through the end of October, pay a visit to the West Bend Farmers Market, held every Saturday. It’s one of the largest farmers markets in the state.
- From Thanksgiving through Christmas, enjoy an interactive light show with music, and performance at Enchantment in the Park.
West Bend $1,000 Cache Ba$h
- If you’re a fan of contests and cash, check out Wisconsin’s only Mega-Event, the West Bend $1,000 Cache Ba$h, held annually during the second weekend in August.
Other great reasons to visit West Bend
In addition to being the Geocaching Capital of the Midwest™, West Bend is an amazing place to visit
- Tons of great trails to hike and bike including the Eisenbahn State Trail, Ice Age National Scenic Trail, and Kettle Moraine State Forest.
- Two wonderful downhill skiing locations, one with the world’s largest tubing park!
- A charming downtown bustling with restaurants, unique shops, and museums, including the stunning Museum of Wisconsin Art. Geocache “WBGT 04: Art and Trains”, GC53BBB, informs of the art museum and the area’s railroad history.
Receive a limited-edition West Bend Four Seasons geocoin when you collect 25 points on your passport. Plus, if you find every cache on this GeoTour, you’ll earn the official digital souvenir for your profile!
What geocachers are saying
- Thank you for bringing us to some great and historic areas. I can’t wait to finish the rest of the caches! -ptrol64
- We really enjoyed the buildings around here. We were most surprised at the wildlife. -wigglesworth
- We had a lot of fun finding the different cache types and going to amazing spots. We worked together to find the answers needed for the Virtuals and Earthcaches. We found some very cool caches. -Bike_4_me