Lots of changes this time so please read carefully....
Following this event, we will host a GAG on an annual basis rather than twice annually as this event has grown too big for a standard restaurant and we are not interested in having a banquet, selling tickets, etc... The annual event will be a picnic with the first one occuring June 2008.
Secondly this time the majority of the prizes will be awarded based on the caches hidden, here are the categories:
Best micro (kills us to add this as we hate micros!)
Best loot (Quality or Originality)
Best night cache
Best themed cache
Hardest cache to find (once puzzle figured out)
Hardest night cache
Thirdly, this time you can post your cache at anytime because due to the volume that will be hidden if we wait for a few days before the event Geotech will be overwhelmed. Our suggestion would be to post it and state that the cache is hidden for GAG 10 and if found the log will be deleted. You could also temporarily disable your cache once it has been approved.
Fourthly, this time we had to arrange a buffet (Italian) due to the # of participants, more than likely approximately 250. The buffet will cost $15 per person, $7.50 for children 4 to 12, and free for children 3 and under. These prices include taxes, but not gratuity, that is left to your own discretion. There will be a cash bar for drinks. The buffet price is based on a minimum of 170 adults and 30 children, if we do not reach those numbers the price will go up a little, possibly by $2.00 per adult. There will be someone at the door collecting the money before you are seated.
OK Geocaching junkies here's the COMPLETE plan:
1.Between now and April 22nd hide a cache in the Ottawa area. We say April 22nd to give Cachetech plenty of time to post all caches, Zartimus time to create the list, and everyone else time to solve the puzzle caches.
2. You should state on your cache page that your cache can not be logged until after 6:00 p.m. April 27th and any logs before then will be deleted. Please preface your cache with GAG10. Example GAG10 - The purple rock
3. Suggestions: You may want to consider hiding just one cache to keep the work down a little for cache tech. As well, it would also be great to control muggles, trash, etc, if all caches incorporated a minimum of a 100/200 metre walk, i.e. not on a residential street.
4. All geocachers who wish to participate in this event should enter the coordinates of the hidden caches for this event on their GPS and then head out to find as many as they can as of 6:00 p.m. April 27th until 6:00 p.m. on the 28th.
5. At 6:00 p.m. on the 28th after a LONG day of caching, we will meet at a local restaurant for food, beer, etc.... Please note that the restaurant is not in the same part of town as past GAGS since we could not find a location that would accommodate approx. 250 people.
6. It would be great if you could bring a prize along. If you will have children with you it would be great if you could contribute a $1.00 towards the kid's prize table, or state if you will be bringing a kid's prize as well as this time since we will be awarding the prizes based on the hidden caches it would be great if all kids can go home with something as they always look forward to that part of the evening. Taking into consideration that not everyone will hide a cache, we will still come up with creative ways for everyone to have the opportunity to win something. Examples of prizes include-shirts from the company you work at, a bottle of wine that has been collecting dust, a geocache, etc..
7. If you have any ideas to add to this event please send us an email and we will try to incorporate them. We will do the photo presentation again, therefore, if you are aware of a photo that should be included please send us an email.
8. Please post a note on this page indicating if you can make it and how many will be in your party with a breakdown between adults and children and the ages of the children, i.e. 3 and under, 4 to 12, etc.
9. Please email us if you can volunteer. We will need volunteers to help with the prize lists, at the door, and with a game if we decide to do one this time. Everyone has fun with the nametag game, but it is very time consuming to organize prior to and during the event and people may get in the way of the buffet.
10. We will list all caches on this page just prior to the event. If you have any questions please send us an email.
Happy hiding and seeking! See you on the 28th or on the trails...
Cheers, T,N,F,& S
GAG10- Go and Get Em!!! Cache list