Skip to Content

This cache has been archived.

Team Webguy: As we did not really freeze much, this one is being put into deep freeze.

More
<

F.Y.A.O.A.L

A cache by Team Webguy Send Message to Owner Message this owner
Hidden : Saturday, August 11, 2007
Difficulty:
2 out of 5
Terrain:
2.5 out of 5

Size: Size: not chosen (not chosen)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:

The Lithgow Plateau is a seldom visited area, but it provides one of the most amazing areas for caching, 4WDing, touring and exploring.

Welcome to the "Freeze Your Arse Off At Lithgow" Event.

Come along with your fellow geocachers who are hardy enough to brave the frigid winter on the Lithgow Plateau. Temperatures will plummet, but don't be scared of that, the black panther will probably get you before the cold does!

There are many, many excellent caches out this way to be done, about 70% can be done without a 4WD, the other 30% a 4WD would be an advantage. A good pair of walking boots would come in handy too.

This is more a drag you out here, cache and then be sociable type event. There are no special activities planned, do you own thing, team up with some others, just be at the listed co-ords for camping on Sat night.

The co-ords are approximate for a hidden away campground we found over a year ago while exploring the area. Little chance of being disturbed by hoons etc.

Team Webguy will be at the camping area around 4pm or so on the Sat. Turn up beforehand and there may not be anybody there. There are no facilities, so, bring a shovel to dig ya own pit loo if ya need it. This is bush camping after all.

Your going to be well out in the bush, it's gunna be cold, but it's all good, you'll have some good company! Just come prepared for winter camping, if need be, we'll chip you out in the morning from your frosty tent.

The basic plan would be...

Do your own caching thing on Sat, turn up at the posted co-ords for Sat night bonfire and camping, do your own thing on Sunday. Plenty of directions to head in, plenty of variety of caching and caches to be done.

I will post extra co-ords and direction on how to get out there soon.

Who knows, maybe some new ones will appear before the event.

Please post your intention to attend and how many people will be coming. Hope to see you out there, it's not that scary of a place.... Or is it?

Additional Hints (Decrypt)

Qbaxrl abg erdhverq

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)



 

Find...

26 Logged Visits

Write note 14     Archive 1     Will Attend 5     Attended 5     Publish Listing 1     

View Logbook

**Warning! Spoilers may be included in the descriptions or links.

Current Time:
Last Updated:
Rendered From:Unknown
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum

Return to the Top of the Page

Reviewer notes

Use this space to describe your geocache location, container, and how it's hidden to your reviewer. If you've made changes, tell the reviewer what changes you made. The more they know, the easier it is for them to publish your geocache. This note will not be visible to the public when your geocache is published.