2005: The first part of our dream comes true: 5 weeks of vacation in New Zealand. On our first day, we walk up Mt Eden and overlook the beautiful skyline of Auckland. We are amazed to find such a green refuge in the middle of a huge city (now we know that there is not only one such place).
2007: The second part of our dream comes true: Rumo starts his PhD studies at the University of Auckland and we can live here at least for three to four years. The first address where we find a home is Mt Eden – again.
The recipe for getting to the cache is as follows (Changed on 29.09.2010):
- Close to the given coordinates (WP1), find out, when the homestead beyond the reserve was built (=A) and how often the name of the father is mentioned on the plaque (=B).
- At the given coordinates, have a seat and relax.
- Find out, which single roman digit occurs twice directly behind your back (=C).
- Listen to the birds.
- Count the total number of squares above your head (=D).
- Pet the beautiful brown cat, if she is around.
- Now you are in the perfect mood to calculate X=A-(18×C²)-(D÷B)+9 and Y=B²×D+3.
- Project X meters with a bearing of Y degrees true from WP1 and proceed to this new point WP2.
- At WP2, search for a plaque with the coordinates for the final cache (S 36° 52.xxx E 174° 45.yyy).
- Go there, find the cache, enjoy the view, and be happy.
Some advice for the adventure:
- There are clear tracks and you do not have to leave any of them. So there is no need to bushbash.
- Parts of the tracks may be slippery after rain.
- Especially on beautiful days, the muggle density is quite high. So be careful when you retrieve and replace the cache container.
- Please replace the container exactly as you found it (or better).
The walking distance from the start to the cache is about 400m (one way) and takes about 10 to 20 minutes (not including the search). The cache is a 200ml Sistema container and holds the usual collection of trading items, logbook, pencil, and sharpener. We hope that you enjoy the tour and the hunt for the cache.