This microcache is located at the listed coordinates. It is in the noisy, smelly and terribly overcrowded area known as Times Square. While most New Yorkers avoid it like the plague, I invite you to jump right in and find this cache. However, because of the overwhelming nature of this tourist trap, it will require the utmost stealth and skill. Do not succumb to the bright lights, novelty shops, and overpriced food or you will fail in your journey to conquer this cache.
The adventure does not end when you find the cache. After signing the log, you will have to do the following things:
1) Remove and unfold the "Found It" sign.
2) Take a picture with the sign. I'd prefer that you use one of the Earth Cams, but you are more than welcome to use your own camera. If you do use the Earth Cam, YOU HAVE TWO OPTIONS:
- the best camera is just North of TGI Fridays. It is 10 feet high and to the left of camera shop. It says 'Earth Cam' on the side. Here is the link:
- If this link is frozen, use the camera that is facing down on the actual cache. It is difficult to find, so just walk ten feet North of the cache, stand on the grates, and face East. Here is the link:
Once you've positioned yourself in front of the Earth Cam, make a phone call (there are pay phones nearby) to a friend at a computer and tell them to log onto the links I've provided. Then, when the moment is just right, tell them to capture a picture of you. This can be done very easily on the website. And if you are using the second cam, zoom in.
3) Post the photo along with your log on this page.
4) Congratulate yourself for finding a cache in one of Manhattan's most muggle-infested areas.
Please use extreme stealth when accessing this cache. Bring a pen, and be careful when you put the "Found It" sign back in the cache.
Have fun and good luck.