Skip to Content

Traditional Geocache

ST43 - CONVENTO FRANCISCANO DE MONTARIOL

A cache by SPY_Team (TMPinho & CNP) Send Message to Owner Message this owner
Hidden : 9/2/2007
In Braga, Portugal
Difficulty:
1.5 out of 5
Terrain:
1.5 out of 5

Size: Size: regular (regular)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:



PATRIMÓNIO


 
ST43
CONVENTO FRANCISCANO DE MONTARIOL

fachada

santa


  Uma cache para dar a conhecer o Convento Franciscano de Montariol. Aproveitem a vista para a cidade.

  A Igreja de Montariol é uma igreja pertencente ao Seminário de Montariol em Braga, Portugal.

  A igreja está construída sobre o Monte Calvelo sendo um dos miradouros da cidade.

  Foi comprada pelos Jesuítas em 1562, foi depois da sua expulsão vendida a particulares, até em 1890 ser comprada em hasta pública pelos Franciscanos, que aí instituíram um colégio e um seminário. Para tal renovaram a igreja e restantes instalações. O responsável pelas obras foi o mestre Guilherme Pereira, pai de Domingos Pereira.

  As obras de restauro começaram em 5 de Maio de 1891, e em 27 de Setembro do mesmo ano foi benzida pelo arcebispo D. António José de Freitas Honorato.

  A fachada austera as armas de São Francisco. O seu interior tem vários altares decorados com talha trabalhada, num estilo Neo-clássico tardio.

  A igreja foi remodelada abrindo em 21 de Dezembro de 2003. Foram colocadas novas janelas e totalmente pintada. No interior, foram recuperados os altares, o guarda-vento, a parte do presbitério, o tecto da capela-mor e do corpo da igreja, o coro alto e o órgão de tubos. No altar mor foi colocada uma imagem de Cristo em madeira com cerca de cinco metros.

  A cache to publicize the Franciscan Convent of Montariol. Enjoy the view over the city.

  The Church of Montariol is a church belonging to the Seminar of Montariol in Braga, Portugal.

  The church is built on the hill Calvelo being one of the viewpoints of the city.

  It was bought by the Jesuits in 1562, after their expulsion was sold to private individuals in 1890 to be bought at auction by the Franciscans, who established a school and a workshop. To renew the church and such other facilities. The officer was the master works by William Pereira, the father of Domingos Pereira.

  The works of restoration began on 5 May 1891, and September 27 of that year was blessed by Archbishop D. António José de Freitas Honorato.

  The austere facade weapons of San Francisco. The interior has several altars decorated with carvings worked in a late neo-classical.

  The church was remodeled, opening on 21 December 2003. They put new windows and fully painted. Inside, the altars were recovered, the wind-guard, that part of the presbytery, the ceiling of the presbytery and the body of the church, the high choir and organ pipes. On the main altar was placed a wooden image of Christ with about five meters.


 

 

Additional Hints (Decrypt)

*CG* Ab zheb... *RA* Ba gur jnyy...

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)



 

Find...

648 Logged Visits

Found it 611     Didn't find it 5     Write note 15     Publish Listing 1     Needs Maintenance 13     Owner Maintenance 2     Update Coordinates 1     

View Logbook | View the Image Gallery of 107 images

**Warning! Spoilers may be included in the descriptions or links.

Current Time:
Last Updated: on 9/21/2017 8:52:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time (3:52 PM GMT)
Rendered From:Unknown
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum

Return to the Top of the Page