C.C.C.C.C. #3 ( All Rogues Day)
Sunday, November 25, 2007
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Central Coast Cachers, Celebrating Christmas , Collectively
Stop Press stop press stop press
A short notice announcement:
due to the ovewhelming responce to this event we are increasing the classificaiton form picninc to official pirate event.
all those who wish to compete for best dressed pirate are welcome to don a hook or eyepatch and replace a leg or two with table legs. duel it out ( no weapons) for the best dressed pirate on the mountain.
we'll be awarding a prize for the best dressed competitor.
there will also be recogintion on our perpetual trophy for the team/player who scores the highest for the event.
and even maybe a wooden spooner if we can find one.
Come celebrate All rogues day ( 1 month before Christmas)
All Rogues day is a holiday we just invented to give our Christmas party a bit of a pirate feel.
Come and join us for a family picnic day in the Kinkumba Mountain Reserve. Bring the family, and team mates to meet other geocachers from our area.
Commencing at 11:00 am the day will basically be a fun day with a picnic lunch, and a couple of geocachig related games.
Join in the 3rd Geocacher Kubb ( pronmounced 'coob') Classic. Play a round of Petanque ( pronounced Pah-tonk)
There are picnic shelters and BBQs on site, and we will have a couple of portables cookers just in case there is not enough room. There are toilets, water is supplied by rainwater tank so bring your own drinks, no other facilities on site so it will be B.Y.O. everything. or pick up some supplies at the Kinkumber shops at the base of the mountains. ( KFC Mcd's and Subways...)
There will be a couple of organised activities during the day:
1. Geo-kringle: bring a present to the value of $5, one present per team/player, wrapped in Christmas wrap. further instructions will be given on arrival.
2. Christmas trivia event Log: how well do you know Christmas ?
3. If there are enough young ones ( or young at heart) there will be a Kids treasure hunt too!
4. An excruciating puzzle cache from Grank's house of geocaching puzzles!
5. a time trial multi -cache that will have your pulse racing. prizes for the quickest time.
So come along event starting at 11:00, bring your own picnic, and join in the fun.
look out for the Geocaching and brethren flags. Even Christmas decorations, at the posted location.
Extra waypoints: Upper car park S 33'27.458 E:151'23.552
Lower car park, s 33'27.599 E:151'23.397
Access is via Avoca drive Kinkumber. turn into Bungoona Av. then left into Kinkumber drive,then directly into Island View Drive at the end of Kinkumber drive. Bring your vehicle up to the top carpark,and drop off your stuff. we'll give you a hand, then drop your car back at the bottom if there is no space left ( a good reason to get there earlier) Its a bit of a longer walk from the bottom but only a 100m or so.
What to bring:
- family outdoor games if you have any ( frisbee, lawn darts,badminton, bocce etc)
- Some portable chairs to sit in unless you are happy with a Grass Cushion.
- Picnic goodies
- Some form of shade cover or a blanket or tarp, the area we have picked has a lot of shady trees but it would be handy to have a few shade makers if we need them or something to keep the rain off if its that bad a day.
Post your intention to attend , with an idea of numbers so we can stake out enough of the park for our use.
*** please note , if the weather is too bad, or the park is closed due to Fire danger an alternate venue has been found ( only 1Km away) and we will advise as soon as possible ( and leave a sign at the front gate of kinkumber Mtn Res.)
(No hints available.)
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum