OK, it's time for your geography quiz. Every knowledgable geocacher should have no trouble with this one. Here you go:
1. Approximately how many miles are there in one degree of latitude: __ __? The 1st digit=A
2.You find a Washington State quarter in a cache and notice a species of fish on it and remember that Westport used to be the "Capitol" of it. # of letters=B
3. Of the following, choose the most difficult geographical location to "acquire sats":
1. On the summit of Colonel Bob.
2. On the beach in Westport.
3. In downtown Pe Ell.
4. Out in the middle of the Puget Sound.
5. In the Quinault Rain Forest under old growth.
The number of your answer =C
4. While geocaching in Montana, you find a cache on a hill with a small flat top and sloping sides. You are standing on top of a _______. (# of letters=D).
5. When caching in the Capitol Forest, it usually takes you more time to walk to the cache than it does to return to your vehicle: 1. True 2. False
6. If you want to search for RR bridge caches all day you should go to:
2.Highway 6 between Raymond-Pe Ell-Chehalis.
8.Union Station in Seattle .
N 46° 58.ABC'
W 123° 43.DEF'
You can check your answers for this puzzle on Geochecker.com.