Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Cache near Imanta Watermill.
Near cache place You will see some important objects of Town Rujiena history:
1) Ruins of castle Rujiena, that first was mean in chronicle as Liv's wooden castle in 1125. When it was destroyed, Livonian Order made rock castle in 1263.
2) Caves of Jeri on other bank of river Ruja. Rock about 11 meter height and 50 meters width about water level.
3) 4 hectares raspberry field, that are grown for one of the most popular Rujiena cone-ice-creams.
4) And finally in the center of this complex - Jurata Watermill that in 1872. belonged to some German miller, but owned by Rujienas Piensaimnieku biedriba on 20th century's years 20.- 30., and called as Imanta Watermill. For this time it is as historical object, that stopped working just in year 2001.
Other info: www.rujiena.lv
Cache itself consists of three steps:
1) Message place (the given coordinates) about 1 m above ground level (not in stones), where You will find coordinates to step 2 and 3.
2) Parking place. Here You can leave Your vehicle, if it has more than 2 wheels. Also for bikes and motorbikes path will not be easy. When You have parked, look for footpath that first goes to the NE side - it will show the right way (not through cemetery).
3) Final cache place, where is hidden plastic box about ground level.
Oruvaq ebbg bs ovt, yvir gerr