It's time once again for the Canberran Caching Community to celebrate another great caching year.
The Annual ACT Cache of the Year event will be held on Sunday March 2, 2008 at 12.30 at Weston Park.
Log into the ACT Forum to view and place your nominations and to get the details on how to vote.
Nominations are open until 6pm on February 11 and the categories are:
1. Best Cache
2. Best Location
3. Most Original Cache
4. Best Photo
Voting will start on February 14 and run until 6pm on February 26,2008.
We are happy to announce that Jason and his team from The Great Outdoors Centre in Phillip and Lara and her team from Jurkiewicz Adventure Store in Fyshwick have kindly donated some prizes for the category winners.
There are BBQ facilities available in the park so bring along a picnic, a chair your friends and family as well as your caching stories.
As with previous years there will be a game held on the day so don't forget to bring your sense of adventure, a pen, a notepad and GPS. This year we are holding a game of Caching Scrabble and prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, if you would like to make a gold coin donation towards the prizes to help offset the costs there will be a container available on the day.
There will be 30 film canisters hidden on the day containing 610 game pieces consisting letters of the alphabet, blank tiles, and bonus tiles these being Double Word Score, Triple Word Score, Double Letter Score and Triple Letter Score. Your mission is to build the highest scoring word while following the rules that have been put into place.
1. You can only collect a maximum of 10 game pieces
2. You may only visit each cache once and must a take a game piece from each visited cache
3. If you find a bonus tile you may choose to take this or a letter
4. You may only collect 1 bonus tile
5. You can not swap tiles within caches or with other players (ie once you have taken a tile you must keep it)
6. A blank tile can be used as any letter of the players choice
7. Only words listed in the standard English Dictionary are allowed