Have a Geocoin you want to swap? This is the cache to do it in. A place just for Geocoins, no other trade items please. They love to be the center of attention, and they don't want to share their new home with travel bugs. Please honour this request.
A geocoin is a special coin created by individuals or groups of geocachers as a kind of signature item or calling card. Like Travel Bugs, each geocoin is assigned a unique tracking ID which allows them to travel from cache to cache or to be passed amongst friends, picking up stories along the way.
Since new geocachers do not have geocoins at their disposal... the first geocacher to find this cache that does not own a Geocoin of their own will be awarded one inactivated GEOCACHE II Event Geotag. All I ask is that once you activate it, you place it back in this cache for others to swap. Take the coin, log your visit and I will email you the Activation Code. Then return it to the cache and track its travel.
All cachers are welcome to log their visit, you don’t have to swap a coin. I'm hoping to keep at least TWO (2) coins in the cache at all times. The owners of these coins were nice enough to share them with the rest of us and do not want them to go missing or end up in someone's personal collection.
There will be a few specific rules to this cache, to keep the coin owners, as well as future seekers updated. It's a Trackable Etiquette Thing!
CONGRATULATIONS to fishing fanatic for being the FTF.
- as mentioned, there MUST always be at least two geocoins in the cache
- if there are more than two coins in the cache, feel free to take one to move along
- to withdraw a coin (if only two in the cache) you MUST leave one or more coins to replace it, NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
- geocoins are the only trackables allowed in the cache.
- you may 'discover' any coins in the cache.
- when you take a coin please log it complete with the name of the coin but not its number. This goes for the cache logbook AND the online log, so that we can keep our list up to date.
CONGRATULATIONS to nbwiggie for being the 1st non Geocoin owner to log the cache.