We’d like to thank The Washers for conceiving the idea, initiating the series and inviting other cachers to add to it.
The Church of St. Peter developed during the 14th Century when there was a big flurry of building activity although the North doorway is 12th Century. The brick tower was built much later in 1720 except the base which is 14th Century. The East window is a good example of painted Kempe glass. Charles Eamer Kempe produced quality painted and stained glass during the second half of the 19th and early 20th Centuries.
The cache is a Decon container with a logbook, pencil, sharpener and some small swaps. Please ensure the lid is closed securely and the cache is well hidden when replacing it.
Limited parking (1/2 cars) is available on the grass verge adjacent to the church grounds.