In Texas, United States
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Located off Privilege Creek and Old School Road about 3-4 miles off Bandera Road.
Polly's Cemetery and Polly's Chapel are all that remains of Polly. Polly was named for Policarpo Rodrigues (1829-1914). He was a Texas Ranger, army scout and guide who settled in Privilege Creek area in 1858.
He converted to the Methodist faith and built the chapel of native stone with his own hands in 1882 where he later preached. In the late 1800's Polly had 300 residents, a post office and school. The post office closed in 1912, and when the schools consolidated in 1942, that was about the end.
The cemetery nearly always has fresh flowers all over. Many interesting gravestones.
Please replace the cache as you found it.
(No hints available.)
Last Updated: on 2/1/2017 2:15:23 PM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) (10:15 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum