Use this space to describe your geocache location, container, and how it's hidden to your reviewer. If you've made changes, tell the reviewer what changes you made. The more they know, the easier it is for them to publish your geocache. This note will not be visible to the public when your geocache is published.
Itasca State Park History Challenge
How Geocaching Works
Related Web Page
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Itasca State Park will host a special deer hunt as part of our overall resource management program. On November 8-16, areas of the park will be open to permitted hunting. The park will remain open to public use but you should plan on wearing bright orange while you are searching for a geocache.
Welcome to the Minnesota State Parks Geocaching History Challenge!
Starting May 11th through December 31st, each of Minnesota’s 72 state parks and recreation areas will have a special History Challenge cache hidden for you to find! Inside each cache are collectible history cards from the park, a logbook and information on geocaching challenges and awards. Don’t miss this great treasure hunt. Minnesota State Parks are the place to be this year!
Up for a challenge? Minnesota State Parks has just what you need – 5 fun challenges designed to intrigue, entertain and reward you.
1) First to Find – Be the first to find and record your achievement in the cache logbook! Also, remember to collect a photo history card from each of the History Challenge caches you find.
2) Find a Minnesota 150th Anniversary Medallion – 150 medallions will randomly be hidden throughout all 72 state park caches. You never know when you may get lucky and uncover one!
3) The Travel Bug Challenge – Each Minnesota State Park has their own special Travel Bug and it needs your help. Your Mission: Help each Travel Bug visit all 72 History Challenge caches!
4) Regional Challenge – Locate the state park caches in a region, plus the final regional cache and you can earn a special silver medallion!
5) 72-Park Challenge – This is the ultimate challenge! Find all 72 state park history caches and you will receive a very special gold medallion!
Need more info? Visit the Minnesota State Park History Challenge website for more on the challenges and other geocaching activities across Minnesota state parks.
This multi-stage cache will lead you to within a stone's throw of many projects that the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) contributed to the park. Sheltered within the natural features, tress and rocks you will find their hand in the many trail, road, stone, log and steel works, tree plantations and more that are here today due to the efforts of those CCC's.
For the first stage, if you are in the woods, you have gone to far.
(No hints available.)
Last Updated: on 11/15/2017 3:34:05 PM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) (11:34 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum