Initial Cache Contents:
* A tin of golden mushrooms (past its use by date)
* An AA key ring (nb., AA means New Zealand Automobile Association)
* A Chinese 1 Yuan note (with plenty of Chinese dirt still clinging to it)
* A 600 mm spark plug lead (slightly used)
* A tin opener (slightly cracked)
The stash (Accuracy 30 m Elevation 229 m) is hidden in a 5 litre square plastic container with a green lid within moderately dense bush, about 130 m north-east of the car park (S 46°30.049' E 169°30.076' Elevation 219 m). As the direct route to the stash is difficult, I suggest that you walk south-east along the road for about 100 m (to S 46°30.075' E 169°30.005' Elevation 222 m) and then track directly for the stash. BTW, you will have to cross a creek on the way to the stash (avoid the muddy parts ;).
You may get there via either Invercargill or Balclutha on State Highway 92 or even by the way of either Edendale or Clinton (nb., the 25 km or so of State Highway 92 over the MacLennan Range is still unsealed). Don?t forget to visit the various tourist sights along the way, such as the petrified forest at Curio Bay.
Free Hints: The cache site is marked with a large green-lidded plastic box 1 m up a tree beside the cache, and a yellow bungee cord around a branch 1.5 m above the ground