This is a two-stage multi-cache in the H. Laurence Achilles Nature Area at Shelburne Pond. There is no need to bushwhack. The Nature Conservancy requests that you stick to the trails.
From the parking area, go up the stairs and follow the trail that skirts the pond to the right. Both stages are within 30 feet or so of the well maintained trail.
This is a wonderful place to throw in a line and enjoy a picnic lunch. Don't forget your fishing pole!
FTF prize is $10 Dunkin Donuts gift card.
Nature Conservancy Visitor Guidelines:
The Nature Conservancy's visitor guidelines web page:
- Hiking, birding, photography, nature study and other low-impact, non-motorized uses are welcome.
- All motorized vehicles, ATVs, trail bikes and bicycles are prohibited except in emergencies.
- Please respect the land; do not remove plants, animals, artifacts or rocks.
- Do not camp, light fires or leave litter.
- Please leave pets at home (except guide dogs).
- Use designated parking; don't block private property or public roads.
- Keep group size small.
- Visitors use the natural area at their own risk.
- This cache has been placed with permission of The Nature Conservancy.
- The mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends.