PE Crazy Cachers Event Cache
Saturday, 09 August 2008
Size:  (not chosen)
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Date: 9 August 2008
Venue: Algoa Toyota 4x4 Club
Co-ordinates: S 33 56.693 E 25 34.125
About the caches:
1. Placing a cache is not a requirement but you may do so if you wish.
2. If you place a cache you will be required (as per geocaching.com) to be able to maintain it in the future.
3. Caches must be no further than 7km from the venue
4. You will need let us know 06 August 2008 how many caches you are going to place as each cache needs to be numbered with a unique number. We will provide you with these numbers.
5. Caches must at least be a small cache which contains a log book
6. The terrain rating must not be higher than 2 and the difficulty rating not higher than 2.
7. Each cache must contain a clue that you've thought up. This can be anything. Every person that finds the cache must write down that clue to proof they did indeed find it.
8. Print out at least 1 page with the details of the cache, including coordinates, additional clues, terrain rating and difficulty rating. If possible please print out at least a couple of extra pages for other cachers, so that everyone does not need to sit down and write everything beforehand.
9. When hiding the caches remember to just stop and think for a few seconds, "Would you like to be brought here to geocache?". If you can answer that, you'll know if you're supposed to place a cache there or not. We're trying to get quality caches up and running for this event.
10. All caches must be logged on Geocaching.com before the event. Fish_Eagle (our reviewer) has been informed and will not publish any of these caches until after the event. Please put a reviewer's note in the cache to inform him that this cache is part of the PE Crazy Cachers event.
11. Caches need to be logged by no later than 06 August 2008 so that he can have time to review it. Only once he says it's fine can you use the cache for the event.
About the participants:
1. You must be a registered member of geocaching.com prior the event.
2. Bring friends and family to take part in your team
3. Anyone from Geocaching.com is welcome
4. Please log a note on this cache if you're going to be joining us!
How will it work:
1. We will all meet at 12:00
2. From here we will all have a chance to write down all the cache information from all the caches.
3. Each person will be given a unique order in which to go about finding the caches. This is just a guideline and you don't have to stick to them, but it would be best as we're trying to avoid more than 1 team searching a cache at the same time.
4. We will all go out and enjoy ourselves while hunting for these caches.
5. Everyone must be back at the venue by 16:00
6. All the caches that are not found by you can be done at another other stage after the event, ONCE THE CACHES HAVE BEEN PUBLISHED ON GEOCACHING.COM. All caches must be published after the event.
What else you must bring:
1. Pen, paper and your GPS!
2. A small gift per team (i.e. pen, geocache sticker, etc) that will be used for various prizes
3. Something to braai afterwards
4. Snacks, cooldrink, etc to eat while geocaching!
What will be made available at the venue:
1. Indoor and/or outdoor fires
2. Cash bar is available
Prizes will be for the following:
1. Best cache placement of the day
2. Most finds for the day
3. A couple of others we'll make up during the day!
CACHE LISTING UNIQUE NUMBERS:
COOL PEOPLE THAT MIGHT BE THERE:
3. Geoff Ogden
Erzrzore gb yrg hf xabj ubj znal pnpurf lbh ner uvqvat! Naq cyrnfr EFIC ol 06 Nhthfg 2008!