Use this space to describe your geocache location, container, and how it's hidden to your reviewer. If you've made changes, tell the reviewer what changes you made. The more they know, the easier it is for them to publish your geocache. This note will not be visible to the public when your geocache is published.
Where the White Pines Are
How Geocaching Works
Related Web Page
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Park at the large fire pit and walk down to the water. Watch your step though, we saw a lot of small frogs and salamanders!
There is a dock at the water and little trails on either side. Left, left, log.
The cache is located at the Marion Lake access which is approximately an 80km drive from hwy. 17.
The road is a logging road, it can get a little bumpy and most likely washouts occur in spring. Even though the road is rough the walk to the water is fairly easy. Despite the up and down drive the elevation at the cache was about 700ft higher than it was on hwy. 17.
The cache is an airtight (hopefully) cylindrical clear plastic container about 10" high. Hopefully the 4 snaps around the lid will help to keep it sealed and dry. This spot seems like it gets a lot of rain...
Optimistically I'm going to say it's over the water line.
The original contents of this cache are:
*About 9 hair soft elastics. Because you never know...
*Neon Orange trail marking tape
*1 Canadian Tire purchased Canada flag bottle opener (save!)
*4 glow in the dark Rats/Mice
*Yellow nylon rope (in bag)
*1 "Snazzy" dog
*Logbook and Pencil
Qbja ol gur ynxr, qbja ol gur qbpx. Gurer vf n cngu gb gur yrsg. Tbrf gb gur jngre jvgu n fnaql yvc. Ybbx ng gur jngre, jung n ivrj va sebag bs lbh.
Qbja ol gur ynxr, qbja gb lbhe yrsg, gurer'f n ybt.
Vs lbh jbbq, gura lbh pbhyq.
Naq fbzr gernfher lbh'yy gnxr ubzr.
- *Spoiler* Trail to the CacheThe name is pretty self-explanatory eh. If it looks a little rough, don't worry its fairly short.
- Marion LakeAs seen from the dock. The access is convieniently located a short drive from the main logging road.
- Marion LakeLovely day for a view of Marion Lake. This picture was taken on the dock.
- Marion Lake AccessThis is a picture of the put in. This sweet little dock has a simple, wooden structure next to it that allows you to load your boat and launch!
- Marion Lake Access from the DockJust to give you an idea of the terrain from the vehicle down to the Lake (cahce).
- Road to the LakeThis is what the road to the Marion Lake access (and the geocache) looks like.
It is off the main road and not a very long drive through the bush, but there were some hills we had to negotiate carefully in the pick-up.
- The Cache's View of Lake Marion*Hint*
Notice the rocks in the water...
Last Updated: on 11/15/2017 3:38:44 PM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) (11:38 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum