St John’s church was built over a relatively short period from 1868 to 1870 with the consequence that there is a great uniformity of style. The style is decorated Gothic, typical of the 14th century, executed with a dignified restraint which fully justifies its Grade II* listing. The present church is believed to have been preceded by one built by the Knights Templar in the 12th century. Nothing of this church remains nor of the Georgian Church which was the result of a rebuilding incorporating the medieval tower completed in 1790.
This cache is a short multi. The co-ordinates are for stage one, a bench, all you need to do is count the number of letters in the surname of the husband and wife who this bench is in memory of. This = A The final cache can then be found at: 53°00 . (A+1)4 A 2°1(A+3) .4(A-1)5 Please be respectful of the surroundings.
Parking for stage one is best in the church car park just off Church Fields 53° 00. 247 2° 17.133 Parking for stage two is best at 53° 00. 584 2° 17.366 UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES PARK ON THE A525, KEELE BYPASS.
Happy Caching Mark & Annie