Vinton Veteran's Memorial Park
In Iowa, United States
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
This NEW Veteran's Memorial Park is located across the street from my house.. So smile as I will be watching you. :-)
NOTE: Please DO NOT get INTO the flower beds, or go East across the rock ditch. (It is NOT necessary, in order to find the cache)...
NOTE: There was an Official "Opening and Ribbon Cutting Ceremony", on Sept. 28, 2008.. (at 1400 hours) (For those that are not familiar with Military time that's 2:00 PM)!!! ;-)
In 1989 I became a Life Member of the Veteran's of Foreign Wars (VFW) Smith-Geater Post 8884 right here in Vinton. I am also a Life Member of the Vinton American Legion Post 57, Benton County AmVets Post 218, Vietnam Veterans of America, and the 40 & 8.
Being in the U.S. Air Force for 22 years and a Vietnam Veteran, I've always dreamed of building and putting a Memorial for ALL Veteran's, Past and Present, right here in Vinton..
A great BIG THANKS goes out to the Vinton Parks and Recreation Director; Duane Randall, and the hard work of the AmeriCorps Group that's stationed here in Vinton.. Thanks to numerous other Volunteers and donations, since then, a dream of mine has come true.
Permission to place this Cache was granted by Duane Randall, Director of the Vinton Parks and Recreation Dept. My heartfelt THANKS goes out to him and his Dept. for all he did to get this Beautiful Park completed.
NOTE: THERE IS A “CORNERSTONE" by the Iowa Flag. ON THE CORNERSTONE, YOU WILL FIND A DATE.
Multiply the "LAST" number on the Cornerstone by "3", then add "2" to the total...
ADD the total, to the last two digits of the main co-ords listed ON THE GEOCACHE, (W) ONLY... Enter the results into your GPS.
Subtract ".001" (N) ONLY, from the last three didgets of (N) GeoCache coords. Enter the results into your GPS.
(By doing this, you will find the coords to the "Final" Cache which holds the log book and can hold small items and sm TB's or Geocoins).
Come by the Park, Have a picnic, look around, see the Flags, Memorials, flowers, and trees. Pray for our Active Military and our Veterans, and thank GOD, and ALL our Veterans for ALL the Freedoms we as Americans, now have and enjoy every day.
Enjoy the Beauty of this wonderful Memorial and it's addition to our Town and to our neighborhood.
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem." ..... U.S. President, Ronald Reagan
ALSO NOTE: IF you can read this, THANK your Teachers.. IF you're reading this IN English, THANK a VETERAN!!
QB ABG pebff gur OVT ebpx qvgpu! Ybbx Jrfg bs Ubjvgmre.
QB ABG trg va Sybjre Orq.. Ab arrq..
- ALMOST done!!!Ribbon Cutting Ceremony will be Sept. 28, 2008, at 1400 hrs. (2 PM for you Non-Military) :-)
- Can ANYONE drive a tractor??AmeriCorps Volunteers
- Dedicated Memorial Day 05-25-2015
- IWO JIMA Memorial 11-15-2015
- Korean War MemorialVeteran's Memorial Park - Memorial Day, 05-27-2016
- Korean War Memorial - Memorial Day 2016
- Memorial Day CeremoniesMemorial Bench purchased by John & Anita Nolan of Chads Ford, PA. 05-25-2015 John Nolan was the Platoon Leader when Joe Fowler was KIA in Vietnam.
- Muffkin42 X 2 @ Vet's Park, & Fallen Soldier
- We're working as hard as we can!!AmeriCorps Volunteers
- WELCOME to Vinton's Veteran's Memorial Park!!If you can read this, "THANK" your Teachers.. IF you are reading this in English, "THANK" a Veteran.
- WOW, it's HOT!!AmeriCorps Volunteers
Last Updated: on 8/7/2017 10:13:37 AM Pacific Daylight Time (5:13 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum