GONIL Cache of the Month
The cache is at the posted coordinates. But this cache can not be logged before it is varified that you have completed the challange. Any logs before the verification of your bookmark list will be deleted!
Over the past year the members of GONIL (Geocaching Organization of Northeaster Illinois) have recognized many caches as noteworthy and a must find by cachers. This list is comprised of caches of all types, terrains, and difficulties. Some of these caches have been found many times, others only a few. So in recognition of these caches this challenge has been formed. This challenge requires you to visit many of these honored caches, about 75% to be precise. Here is how the year broke out:
- 40 Traditional Caches
- 23 Muli-caches
- 24 Puzzle/Series caches
- 1 Earth Cache
- 1 Wherigo Cache
- 2 Letterbox Hybrids
To complete this challenge you must find the number of caches listed below and create a bookmark list of these finds. Please include this cache in your bookmark list. After you have found the required number please email me so I can verify the finds and then you may go find the final. The difficulty of this cache was based off of the average of the hidden caches. I tried to match the terrain as best I could to the average of the terrain of the hidden caches.
- You must find 11 monthly winners
- You must find at least one other cache from each month that did not win.
- You must find a percentage of each kind of cache as follows
- 30 of the 40 Traditionals (as of 4/15/2012 find 16 of the remaining 25)
- 17 of the 23 Multi's (as of 4/15/2012 find 12 of the remaining 17)
- 17 of the 24 Puzzles (as of 4/15/2012 find 15 of the remaining 20)
- At least 5 of the puzzles need to be series (as of 4/15/2012 2 must be series)
- 2 of the 4 Earthcaches, Wherigos, and Letterbox Hybrids
- You may still use archived caches on the list if you found them before archiving.
Then an additional bonus to recognize the winners, if you won a particular month you already have the find and can count that into your total. If teh time comes where these overall numbers can not be reached due to caches becoming archived I will adjust them.
I have created a bookmark list off all winners and nominees with the months of there nomination and winning status. You can also visit GONIL's COTM page by click here.
When actually hunting the cache you are looking for a small lock and lock filled with some typical swag. There is no need to cross any railroad tracks to find this cache, so don't.