How Geocaching Works
Related Web Page
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
|Macedonian traditional cache near Skopje
- Canyon Matka Cache is located in Macedonia, about 20 kilometers southwestern (or 30-40 minutes by bus) from it's capital city Skopje. Small dam makes impressive gate in deep and sharp valley of river Treska and also makes a beuatiful lake - Matka.
- The Treska river canyon is verticaly cut into massive of Suva Mountain and in fact there are two big dams with water power station. The biger one is called Kozjak and is more then 50 km long, the smaller has only 8 kilometers and is known as Matka.
- In the surrounding of the canyon you can find lot of caves and other typical carst features of ground. Canyon is most popular thanks to climbing on it's vertical cliffs, water kayaking and also ancient temples or medieval monasteries.
There is lot of possibilities how you can spend your time here. You can just walk along the river as long as you want, foothpath is well prepared and kept in good condition, you can take a boat with a guide and sail through the part of canoyn and visit a cave on the opposite side or you can take a seat in restaurant and only watching beautifull river. However you would be excited by the scenery or monasteries, or even if you have luck you will see some species of vulture, dont forget for one important goal - find the cache!
- Geoocache is intended for all travellers planning their visit of this country. Not only location of the cache, but also your experiences, fotos, videos, webpages or comments will be appreciated.
- Thank you for visiting this page, enjoy geocaching.
For some more information about cache and location visit this link.
[Další informace pro ceské návštevníky naleznete rovnež zde.]
Fznyy juvgr cynfgvp pbagnvare oruvaq gur jver srapr, va n perivpr haqre fgbarf
[see the fotohint in the images (Spoiler 14-07-2017)]
Last Updated: on 9/15/2017 5:35:22 AM Pacific Daylight Time (12:35 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum