Waitomo Caves Village (Waikato)
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Near the Waitomo Caves Hotel
Black micro. Contains log & pencil.
Once you have located this cache, follow up the path to the hotel.
This Building was completed in 1908 and was originally called the “Government Hostel at Waitomo”. The architecture is typically New Zealand Victorian but is based on an Eastern European mountain chalet.
In 1954 a liquor license was granted and the hostel became a Hotel. In 1955 the Hotel became a part of the government owned Hotel chain called the Tourist Hotel Corporation.
In 1990 the Government sold the hotel lease to Southern Pacific Hotel Corporation who then sold the lease to Tourism Holdings Limited in 1996.
In 1997 a family trust bought the Hotel lease from Tourism Holdings Limited and reclaimed the land from the Government. The hotel has since had numerous owners taking over the lease.
In July 2002 the Landmark Hotels Chain bought the lease.
Va ovt gerr ba yrsg bs cngu, bar zrger hc.
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum