The dragons are great places to hide caches, but also places of learning, respect, and rememberence. This one honors the soldiers from the first World War.
World War I: The Great War
Also, Please visit "The Guns of Navarone" GC12CM4. This is a great cache gone unfound for over a year.
Dragon 1 GC1B23V
Parents: Please teach your children both the history and the respect they must have for such monuments. As a teacher, each day that I walk in public, I see far too many people that lack understanding about their world. As primary care givers help your children to grow into wonderful people, and honorable citizens.
1. read the plates fixed to the monument
2. Pretend you were manning the post, how would you operate it? Look at handles, gears, wheels, etc.!
3. Look for words, stamps, or other markings (trust me, there are some!)
4. Look at the mechanics of the piece, how did it work?
5. Use the above link for more on the history....consider searching for a history of Mamaroneck soldiers during the time period.
NOTE: The cache has reverted to a Traditional Cache...no remaining second step,. Also, after several notes about the howitzer's age, the memorial is infact a tribute to WWI.