The Rangers at Devil's Punchbowl County Park have been extremely geocacher friendly. The Antelope Valley Geocachers would like to show our appreciation by helping them keep their park clean, and to keep their trails maintained. The event is about 70% trail repair, and 30% CITO. There will be plenty of time for the usual "meeting and greeting."
- Time: 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Bring gloves, and clothing appropriate for working outdoors.
- Recommended tools include pickaxes, pulaskis, shovels, rakes (leaf, and cultivator), and T-post drivers.
- Please bring your own food and drink for a picnic at 12:00
We need volunteers for:
More detail will be posted as we get closer to the event.
- Trail repair
- Support (food prep, supplies, coordination, etc)
- CITO for those cachers unable to perform trailwork.
I'm looking for a few volunteers to hike up Devil's Punchbowl
canyon, along the creek, from it's confluence with Big Rock Creek. This area could use some CITO also.
A note to geocachers who aren't physically able to do a project like this, but who would like to attend, and lend "moral support," you are more than welcome to attend this event.