The Church of St Mary, consecrated in 1220, is an edifice of mixed styles, consisting of chancel, nave, aisles, south porch, and a western embattled tower containing 4 bells.. chancel is decorated, the arcades of the nave are early English..the windows are mostly decorated and perpendicular.. the font is circular, and has a broad band of foliage at the base.. the bowl is surrounded with figures of dragons and foliage.. the roof of the south aisle was restored in 1876, and in 1893 a new pulpit and lectern of Cornish serpentine granite were placed in the church, a new roof added, and the interior renovated, re-floored and re-seated at a cost of £1200.00!"
The cache is a small camoflaged clip lock type box, large enough however to take small swap items, and coins. It will get muddy in winter.
There is enough off road parking opposite the entrance to the church for several cars, but this may well be more of a problem during Sunday service!
Enter the Church and follow the arrow to a gate at the back of the Church ground which will put you in the right direction for the first cache and start of this series, take time to admire the church.. we did!