Skip to Content

<

GARE DE CHATEAUCREUX

A cache by narmandtcap Send Message to Owner Message this owner
Hidden : 02/20/2009
Difficulty:
1.5 out of 5
Terrain:
2 out of 5

Size: Size: micro (micro)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:

IMPOSSIBLE DE FAIRE DEUX CACHES AU MEME ENDROIT ALORS VOUS DÉCOUVRIREZ LA GARE ET L ENDROIT OU FUT CRÉE LA PREMIÈRE LIGNE DE CHEMIN DE FER EN FRANCE
PAS DE STYLO DANS LA CACHE !!!

Avant les années 1850, Saint-Étienne ne disposait pas de gare principale mais de plusieurs petites stations. La décision de construire une nouvelle gare fut prise en 1857. Le lieu choisi est près d’une ancienne gare de Bérard, au lieu dit du «Château-Creux ». La première gare provisoire dessinée par l'architecte M. Lejeune fut réalisée en bois. Mais après un important affaissement du terrain (plus 1,70 mètres sur 20 ans), la décision est prise de réaliser une nouvelle gare.
Le nouvel édifice fut réalisé en 1885, sous la maîtrise d'ouvrage de la compagnie PLM. Pour pallier les affaissements dus au sous-sol minier l’architecte M. Bouvard met en place un système de vérins hydrauliques qui permet de relever la gare lors des affaissements. Le bâtiment se compose d'une structure métallique garnie de briques polychromes d’architecture industrielle de la fin du XIXe siècle.
La gare de Châteaucreux fut détruite en 1944, lors des bombardements alliés sur la ville. Elle fut reconstruite à l'identique.
Néanmoins, la façade fut repeinte en blanc dans les années 1950.
En 1985, lors de l'arrivée du TGV, la gare fut rénovée et surtout la façade a retrouvé sa couleur originelle, rouge brique.
Dès 2005, des rénovations sont à nouveau effectuées dans le cadre de la certification NF (décrochée en 2006)'.
Ces travaux ont abouti à une réorganisation complète de la gare:

Origine du chemin de fer en France
Le choix de Saint-Etienne

Il est logique que l'histoire du chemin de fer en France débute à Saint-Etienne; en effet, les premières lignes sont associées aux mines et la capitale du Forez est le plus ancien et le plus important des bassins houillers. Dès 1720, les habitants de Saint-Etienne utilisent couramment le charbon et en 1790, la production atteint déjà 200.000 tonnes. Ce combustible servira à alimenter les premières machines à vapeur. Le bassin houiller se trouvant à proximité de deux fleuves navigables, le Rhône et la Loire, il était désirable de relier les mines à ces fleuves par une voie de transport économique.
En 1815, la France perd la Sarre. L'ex-directeur des mines de Geislautern, Beaunier, obtient de LOUIS XVIII la création de l'école des mines de Saint-Etienne en 1816. Nommé directeur, il sera avec son collègue De Gallois étroitement associé à l'évolution du chemin de fer.
1827 - Saint-Etienne / Andrézieux
Le 5 mai 1821, Beaunier demande la concession d'une voie ferrée de Saint-Etienne à Andrézieux longue de près de 18 km. Louis XVIII accorde la concession le 26 février 1823. Cette première ligne, uniquement destinée aux marchandises tractées par des chevaux, aboutit aux bateaux de la Loire, au port d'Andrézieux. Les charbons, destinés à être embarqués sur ce fleuve, partaient à destination du Centre, de l'Ouest ou du Nord de la France.
Le musée du Vieux Saint-Etienne abrite une médaille en argent à l'effigie de Louis XVIII par Depaulis. Celle-ci retrace l'ordonnance du roi du 21 juillet 1824.

UNABLE TO DO THE SAME TWO HIDDEN PLACE THEN YOU WILL DISCOVER THE STATION AND THE PLACE WAS OR CREATES THE FIRST LINE OF RAILWAY IN FRANCE IN THE PEN NO COVER!

Before the 1850s, Saint-Etienne did not have main station but several smaller stations. The decision to build a new station was taken in 1857. The venue is near an old station Berard, at a place called the "Chateau-Hollow. The first temporary station designed by architect Mr. Lejeune was made of wood. But after a major land subsidence (over 1.70 meters in 20 years), the decision is made to construct a new station.
The new building was built in 1885, under the prime contractor for the company PLM. To offset the subsidence due to underground mining architect Mr. Bouvard puts in place a system of hydraulic jacks that identifies the station during the subsidence. The building consists of a metal structure decorated with polychrome brick industrial architecture of the late nineteenth century.
The station was destroyed Châteaucreux 1944, when Allied bombing on the city. It was rebuilt in the same.
However, the facade was painted white in the 1950s.
In 1985, when the arrival of the TGV, the train station was renovated and the facade has mostly returned to its original color, red brick.
By 2005, renovations were again carried out as part of the NF (won in 2006) '.
This work led to a complete reorganization of the station:

Origin of the railway in France
The choice of Saint-Etienne

It is logical that the history of the railway began in France in Saint-Etienne, in fact, the first lines are associated with mines and the capital of Drill is the oldest and largest coalfields. From 1720, the inhabitants of Saint-Etienne Commonly used in coal and in 1790, production reached 200,000 tons already. The fuel used to power the first steam engines. The coalfield is located near two navigable rivers, the Rhone and the Loire, it was desirable to link the mines these rivers by means of economic transport.
In 1815, France lost the Saar. The former Director of Mines Geislautern, Beaunier, gets LOUIS XVIII creation of the Ecole des Mines de Saint-Etienne in 1816. Appointed Director, he will be with his colleague from Welsh closely associated with the development of the railway.
1827 - Saint-Etienne / Andrezieux
On May 5, 1821, Beaunier request the grant of a railway from Saint-Etienne Andrézieux of length about 18 km. Louis XVIII granted the concession February 26, 1823. This first line, only for the goods hauled by horses leads to the boat of the Loire, the port of Andrézieux. The coals, to be embedded on the river, left bound for Central, West or North of France.
The Museum of Old Saint-Etienne home a silver medal bearing the likeness of Louis XVIII by Depaulis. It traces the order of the King of July 21, 1824.

Additional Hints (Decrypt)

Frpgrhe tnhpur qr yn tner ,pbvssér nh cbcgrnh .

Nern yrsg bs gur fgngvba, gbccrq gur cbyr

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)



 

Find...

309 Logged Visits

Found it 274     Didn't find it 11     Write note 6     Temporarily Disable Listing 1     Enable Listing 1     Publish Listing 1     Needs Maintenance 12     Owner Maintenance 2     Post Reviewer Note 1     

View Logbook | View the Image Gallery of 43 images

**Warning! Spoilers may be included in the descriptions or links.

Current Time:
Last Updated:
Rendered From:Unknown
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum

Return to the Top of the Page

Reviewer notes

Use this space to describe your geocache location, container, and how it's hidden to your reviewer. If you've made changes, tell the reviewer what changes you made. The more they know, the easier it is for them to publish your geocache. This note will not be visible to the public when your geocache is published.