In Texas, United States
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
THE ABOVE COORDINATES MAY BE GOOD FOR PARKING BUT LITTLE ELSE
PIMAN314 STRIKES AGAIN:FTF!
N 29 43.ABC W 95 44.DEF
I have been practicing the ancient art of mind reading and would like to try it out by placing a cache at a location for any decimal minutes you choose. For the north coordinate, pick any three digit number to represent the decimal portion of the minutes. The three numbers cannot all be 0.
1. Multiply the three digit number by 3.
2. Square the results in step 1.
3. Add the digits from step 2.
4. If the results in step 3 are not a single digit, repeat until it is. (For example, if the results in step 3 are 20736, the sum of these digits is 2+0+7+3+6= 18. 18 is not a single digit but repeating the procedure, 1+8=9 results in the single digit, 9.
5. Create two new numbers by placing a 1 and a 2 in front of the single digit from step 3 or 4. In the above example, the two new numbers for the single digit 9 would be 19 and 29.
6. Multiply these two new numbers to get a product.
7. Multiply the product of step 6 by 5.
8. For the number in step 7 multiply all it digits. (For example, if the number in step 7 is 3456, the multiplication is 3X4X5X6=360.
9. The result from step 8 is the ABC in your North coordinate decimal minutes.
10. Repeat steps 1-9 after choosing any three numbers (not all 0) to get the DEF in your West coordinate decimal minutes.
Now, to demonstrate my psychic powers go to the location you determined and I will have a cache waiting there for you. You do believe me don’t you?
Lbhe Zvaq Ernqre pnpur vf n pnzbrq
2"k 6" plyvaqre ng gur onfr bs gur ynetrfg gerr arne TM. Znxr fher lbh erpbire vg nf vg nccrnef n ybg bs zhttyrf pbzr urer.
Last Updated: on 1/30/2017 9:14:42 PM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) (5:14 AM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum