Alphabet Soup - Florida Style
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Cache IS at the listed coords!! Read the details below for logging requirements.
The challenge: To find 26 caches within the State of Florida, one beginning with each letter of the alphabet
To complete this cache:
The cache itself is located on the outskirts of Weston Regional Park. The park is open from 8AM to dusk every day and there is no charge for admission. You can park quite near the cache and head through the hedges (a waypoint is included) to get to the cache. The container is a small cylindrical container that is hooked on the back of a tree at the listed coords. It is approximately 5 feet off the ground. The terrain rating of 2 stars is because you have to head down a small incline to get to cache and I know this part may be hard for some.
- Successfully find and log a physical cache (in Florida) that begins with each letter of the alphabet. The letter must be the first letter of the cache name. Traditional, multi, mystery, virtual, webcam, Earth, and Whereigo are acceptable; just no locationless, traveling, or event caches. Archived and disabled caches count. As long as you found the cache, logged a smiley, and it was within the state, it counts.
* Piggy Bank = P
* The Everglades: River of Grass= T
* “Sunset” Over the Lake = S
* 7 and 8 = 7, so it doesn’t count!!
- You can either create a public bookmark with the caches you have found (please include this cache as well) or you can include your list of caches in your "Found" log. If you are including the list in your log, please list the caches alphabetically.
- The coordinates at the top of the page will take you to the final cache. You are welcome to find the cache before getting all of the letters done. If you do, please just sign the log and post a note (as opposed to logging a find) on here. Then, after you have completed the challenge, you can come back and log it as a find.
- You are welcome to add to the challenge for yourself. Here are a few ideas, though you can come up with your own or just find the 26 required:
- If you think you are a "Puzzle Headed Weenie," you can try and find a puzzle cache that starts with each letter
- You can try and find all of the letters and all of the numbers, for a total of 36 caches
- You can try and find 26 caches in 26 different counties
- Most importantly, HAVE FUN!!!! The cache itself is meant to be an easy find. The fun part is completing the challenge.
(No hints available.)