An ammo can cache located near the Spasovka cemetery & Riverhill Armillary, a stop on the Riverlands Self-Guided Heritage Tour. Be sure to sign the guest book in the cemetery house.
Spasovka Cemetery also known as Riverhill, was established in 1916 by the Doukhobours living in the vicinity of the former Spasovka village. Located in the Riverhill School District No. 2586 (1910-1959). The cemetery contains 120 internments of which approximately 31 have no marker and have been leveled.
In 2002 a proposal was made to design, construct and install a sundial monument to serve as a focal point of the cemetery and to honour Doukhobor pioneers of the area. June 15, 2003 saw the unveiling of a spectacular Armillary at the Riverhill cemetery. The base was built using six large loads of rock from the river valley giving the structure a connection with the pioneers. The sundial time piece is known as an armillary and the design dates back many centuries. The gnomon or arrow is set at an angle of 53 degrees to correspond with Riverhill's latitude north of the equator. the arrow points to the North Star casting a shadow on the horizon ring representing the equator, and the sundial was set to Mountain Standard Time. It is a very neat display. Also to see is the Cemetery house, renovated & restored interior with pioneer inspired paintings and photographs. It is open to the public and includes a guest book for all to sign.