The Standing Cedars Community Land Conservancy was founded in 1994 to protect land along the Lower St. Croix River, for the health of the river valley and as a legacy for future generations.
To date, we have protected more than 1,500 acres in Wisconsin's Farmington Township south of Osceola, including some of the highest quality natural areas along the river.
Our goals include:
- We conserve land for its natural resource values and agricultural values.
- We do not just acquire land and sit on it. We make the land accessible to the public for enjoyment of nature and for hunting. We improve the natural resource values of the land by restoring prairie and oak savannas and subduing invasive exotics. We provide a means for people to appreciate and understand nature.
- Our primary focus is geographically limited to Farmington and Osceola townships, and within them, to land abutting or near to the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway.
- Within this area, we encourage landowners to be part of a contiguous greenway to reach from the south end of the county to St. Croix Falls. We encourage our local governments to help landowners achieve this, to the end of sustaining the natural,
economic, and cultural character of our community.
- We are based in the community. Our board members and our volunteers are from
our neighborhood. But we also partner with other like-minded organizations, such
as the West Wisconsin Land Trust and the St. Croix Scenic Coalition.
- We rely primarily on volunteers and our members to get our work done.
This area is called Tewksbury.
All caches can be reached from the existing trail system. This particular cache should only be accessed from the listed parking coordinates using the Standing Cedars trail system. It is on the level ground and southeast of the fenceline. DO NOT GO DOWN THE BLUFF OR NEAR THE RAILROAD TRACKS.
A couple of requests by Standing Cedars:
No Bikes......foot traffic only.
Keep dogs leashed April 15 to August 1 to protect nesting birds.
Geocachers should always be aware that spring turkey hunting, small game, bow deer and gun deer seasons are enjoyed on these properties by a limited number of people.
Placed with permission of Land Manager, Troy M.
Have fun, Be safe, and BYOP.
Grey Wolf's Stamp of Approval.
This cache may be located in a public park with posted hours. It is your responsibility to be aware of and adhere to any hours of operation. Logs indicating caching outside of those hours will be deleted.