Thanks to everyone who attended and helped make this a great event. WINNERS - when you post your attendance - plese list how much you won - I should have kept a list! Thanks again!!!
9:30 - “Doors Open” for event registration.
9:30-10:00 - Event registration, meet and greet and travel bug exchange
10:00 - Coordinates for over two-dozen caches will be distributed via a “Cache Card” and the game will begin!
11:30-1:30 - Lunch available at the coordinates listed above. Nothing fancy, just hot dogs, chips, cookies and drinks.
4:00 – Deadline to return “Cache Card” to be eligible for drawings and prizes.
Rules and Items to Note
- Team sizes may vary, but only ONE GPS allowed per team.
- Each cache will be given a point value depending on its difficulty. Each point value earns the team a ticket in the drawing at the end of the day. Example - if a team does three caches rated a two, they will get to put 6 tickets in the drawing.
- All caches will be located within Valdez city limits...
- Prizes will be given for drawings and FTF's. .
- All prizes will be given in CASH tentatively varying between $50 and $450, depending upon attendance.
- No Registration Fees
Please note: While this is a friendly competition, it only takes one ticket to win. Please be safe and obey the laws - both of the State of Alaska and the GeoCachers' Creed.
Please RSVP by posting a note to this event so we can get handle on the amount of cachers that will be attending ~ Thanks.
For more information on beautiful Valdez, check out the Valdez Convention & Visitors Bureau's website.
Let's make this a fun, successful event that takes place year after year!!