This cache is a CHALLENGE cache. While it is located at the above coordinates, please read on the description before you go after this one.
This challenge requires you to find a certain number of cache types all in one day. The challenge has been split up into two versions. You may complete either one of the two versions of this challenge to be eligible to sign the log. You do not need to post your list and wait for me to confirm. Once you have completed the requirements, you are welcome to go after it.
Version 1: The Iconic Day Challenge:
Find six different cache types all in one day.
Version 2: The Super Iconic Day Challenge
Find ten different cache types all in one day
- You CAN NOT use this cache as one of the types needed for completion of this challenge.
- This is no restriction on when or where you complete the challenge. If you have already completed the challenge at the time of publication, you may log the find, whether you did it in Kansas, Missouri, or Georgia.
- You must be able to prove that you actually have completed the find. To do this, please list the GC Number's for the finds you are counting for this challenge, along with the date that you completed the challenge, when you log the find online. I reserve the right to delete logs if proof of completion of the challenge cannot be verified.
- ALL CACHE TYPES, past, present, and future, are allowed for completion of this challenge. As of the time of this publication, there are 13 cache types available to find: Traditional, Multi, Mystery/Unknown, Letterbox Hybrid, Virtual, Webcam, Event, CITO-Event, MEGA-Event, Wherigo, Earthcache, APE, & GPS Adventure Maze. Locationless caches are allowed, but they are not available to find anymore.
- If you are able to find a Benchmark, or hide a cache on the same day, then good job for you. However, neither of those options will be allowed as one of your types for this challenge.
- You are more than welcome to visit the cache location, exchange items, drop TB's or geocoins. You MAY NOT log a find until you have completed the challenge.
- The log book is a notepad. Feel free to list what geocaches (use GC Code's to save space) you found and the date you completed the challenge in the logbook for others to see. This is not a requirement, just an option if you want to brag in the logbook a bit.
- This Challenge is open to everyone, but the cache itself is not wheelchair accessible. If this is a concern, feel free to contact me to make arrangements for signing this log. I'll be happy to comply.
The Special Rule
Are you up for a real challenge? There is a way for you to log this cache twice. Remember how there are two versions for the challenge? Well, you can log once if you complete version 1 and you can log it a second time when you complete version 2. The only stipulation is that you can not use the same caches for both versions. In other words, the traditional you use for Version 1 will not count towards Version 2. Just in case you have completed the requirements for version 2 first, you may log that and then come back and complete Version 1. Just remember, finding this cache does not count towards your required list for either version.
You are looking for an micro container placed in Blue River Streamway Park. There is not an official parking lot close to this. The intersection of 167th and Nall is as close as you can drive. There are houses going up near by so you may want to be careful parking at the nearby neighborhood. Parking coordinates are for a small lot near a pool off 163rd Terrace to the North. It will result in a longer hike but relaxing hike. The cache originally started in Stanley Nature Park with some swag and the release of one of my Travel Bugs, The Cupcake Kid. The FTF prize was a ready to go Micro and a ready to go Nano. The cache had to be moved in 2012 due to the upcoming sale of Stanley Nature Park to the nearby high school.
On May 30th, 2009, I officially met the requirements for Version 2 of this challenge. I found ten cache types in one day along with WebScouter. To see my list of caches, check out my Iconic Day Bookmark List
Special thanks to PJPeters for permission to replicate his A Well-Rounded Day cache.
A congrats to Awhsom for getting the overall FTF and being the first to sign completion of Version 1. A congrats to Fried Okra for claiming FTF on Version 2.