How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
A quick drive to stage one, followed by a short walk along a short public footpath approx a mile south of
Peplow Hall, the footpath takes you up the side of the Little Bolas reservoir.
At stage one, find a number that relates to C.P. BEE ch
Then stage 2 can be found at N52 IG.(D-B)JH W002 D(F-I).AIH
Peplow Hall is a privately owned 18th century country house south of Hodnet, It is the seat of Lord Newborough and is a Grade II Listed Building.
The Manor of Peplow was owned in the 17th century by Hugh Pigot (1631-1697) In 1725 a descendant, Also named Hugh Pigot replaced the old manor house with a new hall, which date is carried on the sundials adorning the central block of the present house.
His grandson Sir George Pigot Bt (1719-1783) the first of the Pigot Baronets sold Peplow to the Clegg family.
In 1831 Anne Clegg then heiress of the estate married Rowland Hill of Hawkstone Hall who later in 1842 succeeded to the title Viscount Hill.
Hill experienced financial difficulties and in 1873 sold the estate to wealthy industrialist, coal owner and ironmaster
Stanier created the present house in 1877 by greatly enlarging the 1725 house. In 1877 he also built the adjacent Epiphany. The estate then extended to some 4000 acres but was reduced by sales in the 20th century and in the 1920s the house and remaining land were offered for sale.
The house was substancially reduced in size in 1932, and by the 1950s the property was owned by William B Higgin, son of a Liverpool cotton merchant and High Sherriff of Cheshire. Higgin sold the remaining estate to Robert CMV Wynn, 7th Lord Newborough.
The Hall is the seat of the 8th Baron
HALL OF FAME FTF = The Bolas Heathens
STF = Nannie Ogg
TTF = GreyGeeza & Tike
Fgntr 1: Ba gur puhepu abgvpr obneq.
Fgntr 2: Ebpx nebhaq gur onfr jvgu Vil.
Svany: Onfr bs Bnx gerr.
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum