Chicagoland Battleship Geocaching Challenge: A1
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
This cache is part of a 25-stage multi-cache that covers a 2500 square mile area throughout Chicagoland and its surrounding countryside. The 5x5 grid of caches is based on the famed BATTLESHIP game, in which one must determine the position of three ships that have been virtually "hidden" in the grid (the carrier [5 units long], the battleship [4 units long], and the cruiser [3 units long]).
Each cache will have a card at the top of the container that will inform you if you have scored a HIT or a MISS. If you've scored a hit, one digit of the final cache's coordinates will be provided. To obtain the complete coordinates of the final, you must score all twelve hits!
The final stage is hidden somewhere in the Chicagoland area... so the possibilities are vast indeed. The first three intrepid souls who manage to locate this elusive final stage will win a special prize, not to mention some pretty awesome bragging rights.
If this is the first cache you've found in the entire series, you may take a game card so you can track your progress along the way. Please be sure not to take or disturb the main card that indicates whether the cache is a HIT or a MISS.
Good luck... and good hunting.
• This cache is located on McHenry County Conservation District land with permission.
• Do not place food or inappropriate, offensive or hazardous materials in this cache.
• Absolutely no cutting of brush or other vegetation is allowed.
• Visitors must remain on designated trails.
• It is the visitor's responsibility to orient themselves with the rules of Marengo Ridge Forest Preserve.
• This forest preserve is open sunrise to sunset.
• At certain times of the year, this site may close for a variety of reasons.
(No hints available.)