Jackson Harbor Cache
In Wisconsin, United States
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
The cache is wheelchair accessible. We gave it a difficulty of 2.5 only because of the ferry trip across Death’s Door which is needed to get to Washington Island.
Another Face of Jackson Harbor
Welcome to picturesque Jackson Harbor, Washington Island, Wisconsin. There are a multitude of activities to do here so prepare to spend some time after the find. There is a small fishing fleet which sails out of the harbor and the tug, “Sea Diver”, still operates all year ‘round. Rock Island State Park is located just across the cut and may be accessed via the “Karfi” ferry boat. These activities will just get you started. You’ll have to be very discreet here as this is right in the heart of muggleland. The cache is a small aluminum matchbox adorned with camo. Inside is a small log with no room for a pencil. Please replace the cache exactly as found and enjoy the atmosphere of a quaint, New England fishing village right here in north east Wisconsin. Bring a camera…
*** Congrats to Northwoods Tom for the FTF ***
|I am a proud
"B ornhgvshy sbe fcnpvbhf fxvrf,
Sbe nzore jnirf bs tenva,
Sbe checyr znegva znwrfgvrf
Nobir gur sehvgrq cynva!"
- BridgeNew bridge to Jackson Harbor Ridges...
- Bridge2New bridge to Jackson Harbor Ridges (another view)...
- fishtugJackson Harbor fish tug laying at the dock at sunrise.
- fshtugs2Fish tugs laying at the dock at Jackson Harbor.
- In NovemberA couple of fish tugs with Rock Island seen in the background.
- Karfi_lrgThe "Karfi" ferry boat transports people to Rock Island State Park from Jackson Harbor.
- shantyOne of the existing and "still being used" fish shanties at Jackson Harbor.
Last Updated: on 5/20/2017 3:02:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time (10:02 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum